Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2020 at 10:40
In regard to Muthu ... Forte da Oura closes in winter ... due to open late March/early April .. the Forte do Vale boss gave an interview on SIC tv ... apparently not locked down but merely being
`observed` as health authority dont believe any big problem .. the number of cases in Algarve remains at 6 today according to the national site   https://covid19.min-saude.pt/
Pyrman
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2020 at 13:29
A surface is only as clean as the last person who touched it.  Next time I fly I'll take alcohol based wipes to clean the tray, seat arms and my hands. Safest to assume they are all contaminated.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2020 at 08:13
No-one will be flying anywhere for the foreseeable future so no worries on that score.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2020 at 12:13
As you say.  Edinburgh airport is having talks with unions presumably about staff layoffs due to plunging passenger numbers. I'm sure this will be happening everywhere.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2020 at 12:42
Spoke to my son who is in London for the weekend .. deadly quiet he says. So in view of Govt action coming shortly have decided to cancel my 2 month stay in Albufeira and self-isolate ..
best of luck to everyone for the forseeable ...
Pyrman
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2020 at 14:00
We have decided to cancel our plans for visiting the Algarve this month.
Our visits planned for June and September will be kept under review.

Unless the Foreign Office advise against travel to the Algarve our travel insurers will not pay out so we will incur a significant financial loss but health is more important. 😕

Stay safe.
Colin
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2020 at 16:28
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

We have decided to cancel our plans for visiting the Algarve this month.
Our visits planned for June and September will be kept under review.

Unless the Foreign Office advise against travel to the Algarve our travel insurers will not pay out so we will incur a significant financial loss but health is more important. 😕

Stay safe.

Well said Col.
We are in the same boat and have also cancelled out trip on 5th April to the Tropical Sol. 
We have consoled ourselves with the promise that we will come over for a month in October. 

Stay safe folks
Ally
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2020 at 20:38
Once the dust has settled, whenever that is, how many businesses will have survived From airlines, travel companies to small bars and cafes?  Airlines and rail companies are already joining the queue for government help.
I have a package through Jet2 for late October. Will Jet2 still be there? ATOL will refund me if not so no great drama but I like my breaks in the warm.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2020 at 23:02
Just found this news from Portugal Resident newspaper   https://www.portugalresident.com/state-of-emergency-closing-land-sea-and-air-frontiers-in-hands-of-president/
looks like the link isn't direct for some reason so need to copy/paste into browser.

[edited to make link work. That is the next step. Madeira and the Azores have already done this.]
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2020 at 12:35
'Nuno's' in Páteo is closed until further notice 'for reasons of public health'.

Jorge at Páteo Mar is still open.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2020 at 12:46
Good breakfast at Pateo Mar. Get it while it's available.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2020 at 20:50
Might be the last. The council has announced today that, among other things, translated :

"In this sense, all terraces must be dismantled so as not to allow their use and all exhibitors  (displays?) removed from the public space"

Street vendor licences etc have all been suspended.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2020 at 11:10
Went to Continente in town early to get back before the rain. Just made it.

Very few customers. All the other shops there are closed except, rather oddly, the key cutting shop was open.

People have obviously been buying up cheap own brand stuff. Some shelves were pretty empty, but they left the more expensive options next to them. But there are no obvious shortages. I was able to get everything I wanted.

There's very little traffic. I saw painters working, although they won't be now in this rain.

Albufeira Resident

Yellow daffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow daffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2020 at 11:19
not like here in uk then, people have cleared the shelves of toilet paper, pasta etc.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2020 at 11:45
Why toilet paper? I am mystified.

The main Avenida dos Descobrimentos just after 9am this morning

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>
  Share Topic