Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK "Air Bridge"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEastYorks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK "Air Bridge"
    Posted: 24/May/2020 at 21:09
Just watched "How To Go On Holiday This Summer" on Channel 4 and the Industry experts seem to think that there will be a race to complete a "Air Bridge" with the UK and secure the British £, which they say is the largest payer for many countries that rely on tourism.

The thoughts on the programme were that flights (without any restrictions) to The Algarve should be secured before July.

Hopefully, that'll be the case! Cool
Sponsored Links

DaveEastYorks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEastYorks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2020 at 19:03
It looks like the programme was spot on with its predictions!   Thumbs Up
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2020 at 20:18
I hope it’s true , so many different predictions, but the official review is tomorrow so we should have an indication, it would be tricky if not, no insurance and the quarantine.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2020 at 20:38
I thought the announcement for changes to the FCO travel advice wasn't until 1st July. and only the airbridge fiasco will be discussed tomorrow.  Or will they be discussing both? There's so many conflicting stories going around that  it confuses me. 
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2020 at 20:44
The legal review is tomorrow, they are probably going to do the same as before and say it starts from a set date ! But it looks like the British have booked regardless to other countries, the uncertainty in Portugal has most likely cost the tourism industry sadly
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2020 at 22:12
Originally posted by DaveEastYorks DaveEastYorks wrote:

It looks like the programme was spot on with its predictions!   Thumbs Up

Thanks but on what basis are you saying this, what have you seen, read or heard? As far as I can find all the reports are as they were, I can’t find anything suggesting such a prediction, I wish I could!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 09:01
Originally an announcement was due today, but further discussions / arguments / statistics seem to have pushed that back a few days. There is no mention I can find on this morning's news. Fingers crossed. I am due to travel on July 20th if Easyjet don't cancel my flight booked last December.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 10:16
Mmmm, not what those of us who want to get out there wanted to hear. This explains why Portugal has been removed from the list of countries we are going to have air bridges with, as Government is discussing today.

Andrew
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 12:54
I think the UK government has been confused since the beginning of the pandemic!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 16:12
Seems there are two threads on this topic. I have closed the other one.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 18:31
What was the point in giving a deadline date on the quarantine if the gov are just going to ignore it ! Nothing at all on air bridge, good or bad, more uncertainty, dithering and bumbling !
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 19:04
”later this week” is the latest we’ve now been told.
That also confirmed in this article which pretty much sets out what the situation is and what the wrangling is about. But, the best we can hope for if all the ducks line up, is the air bridge or no 14 day quarantine will be required for those travelling out from 6th July.
Makes me laugh that you have to QT coming back to the UK where you are at greater risk than where you’ve come from! Crazy.

Andrew
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 20:24
Another thing Greece confirmed today that people arriving from UK bound flights will have to go on quarantine,that surely wasn't part of the plan designed by the diplomats from the UK side as Greece was heavily tipped to be on the list... Will it be reciprocated now? God is all so confusing...
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 20:34
Interesting article , and definitely makes sense !
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 21:54
Grant Shapps announced that the 14 day quarantine blanket will be replaced by air bridges , a traffic light system will come into force this week, all green and Amber will not need to quarantine! all in red will !
There still is uncertainty due to the Lisbon cases whether Portugal will fall into the red zone, along with Sweden , looks like Wednesday will be the release date .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic