Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Weather Today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 237>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 08:58
0845 Saturday in Tonbridge. Freezin' cold, 'issin down with rain, snow forecast for later. Temps not expected to even reach double figures before the end of next week.

Another Bank Holiday weekend meeting expectations!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Timmyduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmyduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 18:18
18:00 hours in Chesterfield. Getting ready for a big night out , done me hair had a shave and booked the taxi. Take a look out of the window and cannot see across the road as it is now snowing very heavy. Oh well nothing unusual!
For ever and ever we will follow the voice of MAN UTD the BUSBY BABES
alan&alice View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan&alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2008 at 07:04
Ah cubsur you know you really missed the british weather(not)LOL.
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/albufeira/481652
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2008 at 08:38
Missed it like a hole in the head. Yesterday's game was postponed - waterlogged pitch - and the game I was due to referee this morning is also off for the same reason. Went out to watch Everton v West Ham on TV and got snowed on.

This morning (Sunday) the skies are solid grey, it is snowing lightly and I shall be cycling 4 miles to the pub later.

Hope it improves before tomorrow when I am supposed to watching another game.
Albufeira Resident

Bombeiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombeiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2008 at 15:49
Nice day in Glasgow.Off to the pub  now to watch the gooners.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2008 at 09:45
Watched that one as well and it was freezin' cycling back to Tonbridge afterwards!

Today, Monday, started bright but it's now a bit overcast. Temperature around 0C and not likely to rise above about 5 or 6. My hosts here are jealous of the fact that it will be around 18C in Albufeira but I did remind them that I am not there!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2008 at 11:59
Two hours later and it is snowing. I am off out at 1230 so really not very happy at all! Three more days of this to put up with as well.
Albufeira Resident

Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2008 at 13:31
Well further up the East coast it's just the same, looked out before and saw a husky walking past wearin a sheepskin coat!! Just going to the pub to say farewell to my brother and his missus. They're flying out to Albufeira tomorrow morning and aren't coming back 'til mid MayCryI'm sooo jealous. So, anyone if you're over there, look out for a wee scot called Sam he'll be in one of the pubs in the old town along with his long suffering wife Ann and say hello.
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2008 at 19:33
Poor Cubsur, now you know what we are having to put up with most of the time,rain wind hail snow & what have you. Jayjan
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2008 at 08:42
Tuesday morning has dawned bright and clear but very cold at 0C. Forecast max 7C but dry.

Yesterday on my day out to the football we had rain, sleet, snow and sun all in the space of 4 hours. But we won so that made it bearable.
Albufeira Resident

Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2008 at 14:33
Had a couple of flurries of snow earlier today, now it can't make it's mind up whether to rain or snow.  Just had a look at some of Cubsur's pictures to warm the cockles of my heart up a bit.  Am off work for the rest of the week (using up excess hollies before 31st March) can't see myself doing anything special though - too much like hard work defrosting myself out afterwards!!Cry
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2008 at 10:35
Wednesday morning in Tonbridge and it is fairly bright but cloudy. It is a bit warmer than it has been. Home tomorrow to the sun!
Albufeira Resident

Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2008 at 13:48
Just stopped raining here, still miserable and overcast though.  Daffodils poking through here and there - though to be honest - most of them have been planted by the local council to try to 'jazz up' the hideous roundabouts in Town.  Can't wait to see a bit of foliage on the trees - can't stand bald trees.  UrghhhDisapprove
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2008 at 17:34
Afternoon now and it is grey, cold and raining/sleeting.

Daffodils blooming also in the local parks down by the river and the willows are willowing or whatever they do.

I took some pictures earlier when the sun was out; these will be on my webspace later.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2008 at 15:23
Leaving Uk shortly - another cloudy day with a shower of sleet and hail at lunchtime just when I least wanted it!

I am pleased see things are much more pleasant down in Albufeira.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 237>
  Share Topic