Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhats on in Febuary?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 15:31
Originally posted by 0856kit 0856kit wrote:

Its a work trip Paul, didnt have much choice in the date or location!

That's a fair answer
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 15:47
Originally posted by Biggunspaul Biggunspaul wrote:

Now if my information is wrong then you'd better have a word with Cubsur who replied to people when asked the question of what is open/closed in the winter months and he explained that most places are shut in said areas

They only shut for a month or two, maybe November & January, so that's 2 months out of 7 and many places do not shut at all.
More or less everything (except waterparks) will open again in February - I know because I've been there every February since 2002.
If you don't want to go then fine, but I, and thousands of other like me, love it in the Winter.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 17:29
Now Now children, calm down
cameronout
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 17:47
I think some people like it very hot when abroad while others are happy enough for the weather to be better than it is at home, so that's the difference .
In the winter months you can definitely get a cheapy in Spain & Portugal , for the same quality of accommodation than you would get in the Canary Islands, as January & February are very expensive there.
We went every January to Tenerife for years, loved it , so amazing to step from winter into summer in 4 and a half hours.
We stayed in some beautiful hotels in Costa Adeje.
But I have also been to Malaga in January , got lovely sunny weather and loved it too.
So I'd be happy to do both ! 😊
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 18:03
Paul
We rent all winter for 500 euros a month in Albuferia fully equipped apartment all in.
Daughter and Grandaughter are visiting us on Monday £9.99 each way from Leeds/Bradford well actually one way is free for Grandaughter because no airport tax to pay because of age so it was actually £29.97 for the two of them.
Now we actually love Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria
So if you can:
A...find me an apartment for 500 euros a month over there.
B...get me flights for £9.99..must be Northern airport willing to travel as far South as Manchester
Give me a shout mate. Thanks in advance.

tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 18:15
Paul
Should have added Zoomarine opens March 28th. 
Get there before summer crowds start building up a lot more pleasant and if you have small children you can normally wangle them a go in the boat that the dolphins pull around the pool in the show. 
Biggunspaul View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 18:29
Patti and tonisdad

So you say it's the price that appeals to you for Portugal this time of year,rather than the climate or location.

So if the accommodation was the same in the canaries (again I will stress the canaries was an example,as I've never visited before) would you rather go there ? As you both say it's nice,but on the other hand Dicey doesn't seem to like the suggestion of the canaries.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 18:39
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Paul
Should have added Zoomarine opens March 28th. 
Get there before summer crowds start building up a lot more pleasant and if you have small children you can normally wangle them a go in the boat that the dolphins pull around the pool in the show. 

We went there a couple of years ago in October and it wasn't too busy then and the temperatures were ok,but i wouldn't go any later than the end of October personally.

Again going in March I think it could be a bit hit and miss with the weather as going in May has been a bit iffy on some days.Becasue when we travel to Portugal it is for a holiday we obviously want to get as much sun for our money and going much earlier for me would be risking that.For anyone staying for months then I suppose it's not so bad as you are guaranteed to see good weather at some point.
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 18:43
I would only go to Tenerife in January / February
And I would go to Portugal / Spain any time of the year except July / August
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 18:45
I love so many different places / holidays - always do research - make sure hotel and resort is nice 😊

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 18:50
Originally posted by Patti Patti wrote:

I would only go to Tenerife in January / February
And I would go to Portugal / Spain any time of the year except July / August

Went to Albufeira last June going into July and it was a bit too hot really,so much so that the kids couldn't walk out in the sun for much more than 10 minutes without feeling uncomfortable,and the decking around the pool would burn your feet.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 18:59

Patti and tonisdad

So you say it's the price that appeals to you for Portugal this time of year,rather than the climate or location.

So if the accommodation was the same in the canaries (again I will stress the canaries was an example,as I've never visited before) would you rather go there ? As you both say it's nice,but on the other hand Dicey doesn't seem to like the suggestion of the canaries.

Of course price comes into things...But not RATHER go there (Canaries) I would have a month break there in the winter..thinking of doing that next year regardless of price.
Climate comes into it...at home in UK it has been below zero for the past week would have been muffled up to the eyeballs...here pants and Tshirt...I don`t do tourist shorts and flip flops January.

Location: UK or Algarve?.....Algarve I live in one of the most beautiful locations in the UK imo but next week my Grandaughter wont be building sandcastles on the beach in Saltburn not without getting a sand rash and wearing a wetsuit all being well she will be here.
I also wont be in UK paying £3 a pint tonight I will be paying €1.50 with entertainment thrown in.
Algarve has a lot of good things going for it in the winter. 
Nothing better than a nice long walk on the beach without tripping over the summer hordes.
Regards Dicey`s choice of destination his choice is his choice reading his posts he seems intelligent enough to make a rational decision on where he chooses to spend his time.
Don`t forget to forward those prices if you find them.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 19:03
Originally posted by Patti Patti wrote:

I love so many different places / holidays - always do research - make sure hotel and resort is nice 😊

FFS don't admit you like other places,it's like a swear world on here if you do

I'll probably get banned now for going against the in crowd of high posters/regulars who all meet up with each other down the pub,as this forum is only for them really and used like Facebook,anyone else is wandering into their territory.
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 19:12
Don't think anyone can or would want to ban you from a forum ! Lol

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2017 at 19:13
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Patti and tonisdad

Of course price comes into things...But not RATHER go there (Canaries) I would have a month break there in the winter..thinking of doing that next year regardless of price.
Climate comes into it...at home in UK it has been below zero for the past week would have been muffled up to the eyeballs...here pants and Tshirt...I don`t do tourist shorts and flip flops January.

Location: UK or Algarve?.....Algarve I live in one of the most beautiful locations in the UK imo but next week my Grandaughter wont be building sandcastles on the beach in Saltburn not without getting a sand rash and wearing a wetsuit all being well she will be here.
I also wont be in UK paying £3 a pint tonight I will be paying <span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">€1.50 with entertainment thrown in.</span>
<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">Algarve has a lot of good things going for it in the winter. </span>
<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">Nothing better than a nice long walk on the beach without tripping over the summer hordes.</span>
<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">Regards Dicey`s choice of destination his choice is his choice reading his posts he seems intelligent enough to make a rational decision on where he chooses to spend his time.</span>
<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">Don`t forget to forward those prices if you find them.</span>

I have found flights advertised to the canaries for £9 each way per person a few weeks back and also flights to other destinations for £2 each way,I actually posted the £2 deal on here,which I suspect is the best prices anyone has ever posted on here before for flights.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic