Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2018 at 17:17
You need one feed from the dish for the intelsat and then I assume one more for 2nd box. a cheap LNB - 15 euros - can have 4 outputs. The box I use is a technomat tm5402hd and i paid 40 quid off ebay. live uninterupted, no silly menus, no internet quality or usage issues etc etc. mad to have anything else unless you need to record
ajmandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajmandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2018 at 09:56
Dicey....I didn't fail to mention...I said there are some that work and others are better at playing the "cat and mouse game".... do some research before committing, make use of any free trials to test, be prepared for it to stop working and decide whether a monthly contract is better than a twelve month commitment! ..... also be careful of provider's country of "domicile" ....some are located in countries where you might not trust them or their governments not to steal / expose your internet traffic or worse!

Wendy, Pete may also be able to help but I believe you can use one dish to feed two receivers simultaneously if you fit a twin output transponder (LNB) to the dish. You would need to run two coax cables, one output/cable to each receiver ...indeed a four way LNB could feed four boxes, etc. Need to check whether it is easy to fit a new LNB onto the old sky satellite dish, many replacement LNBs have a 40mm collar, don't know sky dishes. 

Search i907 on satpimps website. I have used both versions of the icecrypt s1600chd box successfully, unfortunately they are no longer available new but do come up on fleabay. Note, relatively few brands/models can work and none will work without some kind of 3rd party firmware flashing/setting up. Having said that the icecrypt is probably less involved / easier  to set up than many of the others! I'm sure there are still people that could do this all for you at a price! 
ajmandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajmandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2018 at 10:00
There you go!.... Sorry, I missed Pete's reply!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic