Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 467468469470471 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2019 at 15:29
Yep, it clouded over mid morning and then about four minutes of light drizzle just after 1.15pm, temp now, with the cloud breaking up and the sun pushing through, is 27. So, if it doesn’t get any warmer IPMA will have been spot on, even the rain, drizzle really, was light and only for single minutes.
Nice afternoon now.
One other. We have now had three locals warn us that tomorrow is going to be very hot. Don’t know where their info comes from but they must know or suspect something.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2019 at 09:07
Yesterday turned out nice after all, to coin a phrase! Topped out at 29 around 5.30/6.00pm when the cloud had broken up.
Today is the usual, dry, bright and sunny, some cloud, some intermittent light breeze, 22 already and 31 forecast for later.
Pretty much the same expected for next ten days.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2019 at 08:34
Cold over night, down to 16!
Today is bright and sunny, no cloud, lightest breeze, 20 degree’s now climbing to a forecast 29 later. Cold again tonight at only18.
It’s all very acceptable but a general observation over this past week, it’s several degrees lower than you’d expect for late July.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2019 at 09:03
Yesterday afternoon we hit 33.8 and were melting! Had a good chat with Perry about this, we both reckon there are micro climates up and down this coast, ten minutes in the car and you get out to find several degrees in temperature difference. Anyway, that was yesterday.. 29 forecast and we got 33.8!!!
Last night. Wow! We had a gale! All through the early hours of this morning really strong winds which made it very cold, probably the coldest I’ve ever known out here in July.
This morning is very windy, it’s eased from a few hours ago but it’s still a strong wind, no cloud at all, clear skies and full sun. Currently 20 degrees with 31 forecast. If the wind stays I’m doubting that but after yesterday...
This is the most untypical July weather on the Algarve we’ve experienced.
Andrew
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2019 at 15:35
Currently 33 degrees in the shade showing on my thermometer over here in Olhos. This morning’s wind has now dropped after doing a sterling job of drying the washing. There is a bit of a breeze, but it isn’t a cooling one. It feels like you’re standing in front of a fan heater on its highest setting 🥵
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2019 at 15:48
I can only concur with Cooknoe, just look at this, the chemist is even saying 37! It is like a blast furnace out there. Please be careful.

starting salary for forensic anthropologist
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2019 at 08:31
Goodness me, it was really hot yesterday afternoon, well above anything forecast.
Back to the usual now, clear skies, no cloud, breeze, sun getting into gear and turning the wick up, currently 21 with 31 forecast. After yesterday though, be prepared!
The ten day forecast says no rain and temperatures in low thirties all through.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2019 at 11:11
Ha. BBC weather says a high of 25 today, we’ve passed that already! What useless/inaccurate forecasting.
Also, the breeze has gone, it’s dead still. If it doesn’t return I can see a repeat of yesterday’s ridiculous temperatures.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2019 at 08:39
Yesterday turned out pretty much as forecast, we didn’t get the silly temps as the day before!
Again very windy in the early hours of this morning, made it very chilly. That wind has now gone and as usual, we are as we were.
Clear blue sky, no cloud, zero chance of rain, light occasional breeze and already 21.
IPMA forecast a high later of 34, that doesn’t surprise me but let’s see. The BBC site, which is fast loosing any credibility with me say 26, we already have 21 at 8.30am!
Ho hum, enjoy and if IPMA are right, be careful out there.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2019 at 10:04
"The BBC site, which is fast losing any credibility with me..'

I'm afraid it lost credibility with me some time ago. UK forecasts are frequently incorrect and surprisingly, the app often differs from the BBC local TV counterpart.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2019 at 08:52
Slight change. Again very windy in the night but it hasn’t, as previously, calmed down, still windy now.
Otherwise, clear sky, a bit of haze high and out to sea which will burn off, the sun shaking its feathers and getting into gear to give us 34 degrees later, as it did yesterday but looking at the forecast this 20/24kph wind is set to hang around all day. Could do without that.
Oh, and the BBC forecast, which was 8 degrees wrong yesterday, are also today only forecasting 26. We were at 8.30 this morning, in the wind, already at 20.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2019 at 08:49
I could cut and paste yesterday’s but it’s easier to just say, as above!
Only change, just 33 forecast today and the wind is stronger!
We did make 34 yesterday so well done BBC, miles out! I’m not consulting that site anymore.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2019 at 11:25
Interesting. The wind has dropped to a very light breeze and from a different direction, so much so they’ve turned the planes going into Faro onto the opposite approach, in the past ten minutes or so they’ve been switched and are now going in from the west, meaning the breeze is coming somewhere from the east.
Currently 26.2 degrees but if this stays as a light breeze, or even no breeze, I can see it being very hot later.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2019 at 08:22
Bit of a pattern. Strong winds in the early hours, all died down now and very still.
The rest you can recite yourself I’m sure, clear blue sky, no cloud, zero chance of rain, sun starting to warm us up, already 20 with 33 forecast and that would seem to be set fair going forward.
The good thing about the wind or breeze in the night... it keeps the mozzies away!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2019 at 08:55
A bit more breeze this morn which makes it feel a bit fresher but even so we are still at 20 degree’s at 8.30.
An impressive 34 forecast for later. Otherwise as we were, no cloud, no rain and the sun winding up.
Another cracking day.
Same solid forecast for next ten days except with tomorrow and Wednesday only 30/31, we’ll cope I’m sure!
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 467468469470471 566>
  Share Topic