Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 471472473474475 566>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2019 at 13:48
Popped to Olhos de Agua for lunch..rough sea, very cloudy and I have to say, quite nippy! Wish I'd brought my cardi 😉
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2019 at 16:18
Currently in Praia da Luz where the sky is clear blue and temperature is 29° (chemist) and 31° (villa thermometer), there is a slight breeze. It must have rained a little during the night as our towels were damp but no sign when yours truly rose at 7.30

Moving to Albufeira tomorrow after a great stay here so hopefully the weather continues to behave. ☀️☀️☀️
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2019 at 18:37
Well, back in our happy place after two weeks back in UK and as Tom's away.... Drew Boy will play!
Great here today, we got to 28 degree's, not a cloud but some high haze, lovely gentle breeze, all in all, pretty perfect.
Friday and Sunday there's a 30% shout for some rain, Saturday, 90 odd % shout, so brace yourselves but a lot can change between now and then.
For now, glorious.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2019 at 19:43
This post made from afar so that it is flagged on the front page of Albufeira.com

There is a 93% chance of rain this Saturday coming, the 21st. I shall revise as necessary later.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2019 at 08:36
No worries Tom, the chance of rain this Saturday is now revised to 96%!
1 in 5 chance of rain on Friday and 1 in 3 chance on Sunday, oh dear! It's also very, very quiet, only bird song to be heard and it's not a Sunday!
Thereafter nothing by way of wet stuff forecast.
Today is lovely, dead still, no breeze at all, a few light and high whispy clouds and the sun doing it's stuff, the forecast is for only 27 later but at 8.30am we already have 20 so I think it will likely beat that, off now to enjoy!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2019 at 08:27
Morning all! Another great day in prospect, 20 degree's at 8.15am, no breeze again although it did appear late yesterday afternoon, a few isolated clouds and an impressive 29 forecast for later.
Looking ahead about this forecast rain. Friday now only 5% chance, Saturday they say 100%, Sunday down now to only 20% chance and thereafter no more forecast. But, our neighbours, two of them who live here, say "rubbish", no chance of rain this weekend. We shall see.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2019 at 09:33
Same as. Lovely day, 20 degree's already, 27 forecast for later, there is cloud about but no breeze at all, the pattern seems to be for that to appear late afternoon. A very typical September day I would say, perfect. Yesterday was hot, we did make the 29 forecast.
Rain? The forecast for today is now a 1% chance! Funny how that was 50 odd percent three days ago and has fallen, that's the accuracy of forecasting for you but, big but, they are still saying 100% for tomorrow, they must be very confident to be publishing 100%, so we better brace ourselves.
Andrew
Richardk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2019 at 11:15
I for one will welcome the rain IF it does appear 
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2019 at 11:36
I could manage one day.

Always thinking of others 🌧
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2019 at 08:09
There is a lot of rain heading Albufeira-wards from the west. The heaviest might pass to the north but the likelihood of rain later today is 100% they say. And it won't be very warm either, only about 23º.

But once that's gone, the forecast has Albufeira enjoying another week of dry, sunny, days and temperatures back up into the high 20's.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2019 at 08:37
Yesterday we went to Vilamoura, and in the afternoon had two hours of fairly heavy rain, we had to stay in a bar! Don't know it that rain covered Albufeira though.
Today is cloudy, it isn't total blanket cloud but it is pretty much 80 to 90% cloud, quite bright, little if no breeze and IPMA say a high of 23, which, given at 8.20am we already have 21 I think is a bit conservative, then again, lets see what's coming. They still say 100% chance of rain for the day. Then their breakdown against the clock for the day says from 7.00am this morning for three hours 79% chance, so far nothing. IPMA's radar currently shows a rain cloud about 20 miles inland north of us, but not coming this way, a larger rain cloud about 50 miles south of us, out at sea, and again not coming this way, other than that, at the moment, nothing!
Some of the clouds I can see, out to the South West, do look like rain clouds to me and we may cop those, but not according to the IPMA radar.
Interesting, we shall see, I do suspect we will get rain at some stage so plan B will be implemented, bring your drink inside and watch the sport! LOL!
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2019 at 09:09
There was some rain in Albufeira yesterday Andrew although not a lot. Cloud has thickened since early this morning and its currently looking worse to the north. There is more "action" on the sea this morning compared to yesterday's millpond though watersports activity has begun.

Rain is likely so F1 qualifying beckons.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2019 at 18:37
Well, as far as forecasting goes, IPMA must have egg on their face today.
Yes it was cloudy, it was cooler, we made 25 so above what they said and rain? Yes, we had a 15 minute light shower starting at 11.00am. This afternoon got brighter and brighter, quite pleasant enough to sit out so all this “rain” that was forecast just didn’t materialise!
If it wants to pour down now, it’s welcome, we’re off to dine and then later, sleep!
Tomorrow is looking good, but how much credence we give that forecast after what didn’t materialise today, I don’t know! 😂
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2019 at 09:44
Dearly me IPMA, last night they were saying 40% for rain today, now just 1%! Loosing the faith with them at the mo!
Anyway, today, very nice. Sunny, half cloud, half blue sky, 20 degrees currently, 25 forecast but on recent evidence I think we will beat that.Not adrop of breeze, dead still.
Off for a traditional Sunday brekkie and a cold coffee or two👍 Enjoy your day.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2019 at 09:25
All looking good here.
Blue skies, no breeze, some light hazy cloud that will likely get burned off, a little cooler, currently 19 degrees and 27 forecast for later.
All very acceptable. Zero percent chance of rain forecast for next ten days. A normal beautiful September day on the Algarve.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 471472473474475 566>
  Share Topic