Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529530531 566>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Exiledbee2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2009 at 10:00
Well done Cubby, did you remember the words from memory and do you still have a picture of Annie Lennox in your bedroom?

Hope it stops soon, I've got to venture into town.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2009 at 09:50
Big crash of thunder and it's raining hard. 0945am.

It is 'Here comes the rain again"

Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like lovers do
I want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you

So baby talk to me
Like lovers do
Walk with me
Like lovers do
Talk to me
Like lovers do

Raining in my head like a tragedy
Tearing me apart like a new emotion
Oooooh
I want to breathe in the open wind
I want to kiss like lovers do
I want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you

So baby talk to me
Like lovers do

Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
(here it comes again, here it comes again)
I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like lovers do
I want dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you?

I wish the rain was a memory!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Exiledbee2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2009 at 09:21
What was the name of that song by the "Eurythmics" with opening line "here comes the rain again", a fitting anthem for the weather in Albufeira of late.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2009 at 09:08
Another damp day coming up.

Current temperature 14C/54F a lot of grey and dark clouds out there.  We've just had a bit of a shower, the sun is out for the moment but there's more rain heading over from the south-west again.

I think the worst of the rain will miss us, but there will be showers from time to time.

Maximum temp will be 14 or 15C, 57 - 60F but, as yesterday, won't feel like that with little sun and much cloud.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2009 at 17:51
Ah, the joys of parenting.

And just to tell everyone how hard it is now raining my TV Cabo satellite signal keeps going off, depriving me of seeing Mr Beckham's performance from Sunday night.

Ah. it's back.
Albufeira Resident

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2009 at 17:35
back from riding - soaked to the skin. plus had the added benefit of someone's 7 year old leading us off the beaten track thru mud, forgeting that chez and i were on foot!  Joy!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2009 at 16:39
Pete Knopp - unlucky with weather! I'll bet little one is well pleased. The horse is quite possibly spitting by now as well.

Isn't it absolutely nasty out there!

J2me - at the rate we are going I wouldn't be surprised at anything in April. Normally it's in the mid-60's in old money with an odd rainy day to be expected. The ex-pats usually  have the shorts and flip-flops out (not the Portuguese for whom it is still winter) and we are generally fairly content. But I will have developed webbed feet, so my flip-flops won't fit any longer.

The rain is lashing against my windows, the wind is gusting and howling and I can barely see beyond the marina. My guess is that fish will be in short supply at the restaurants soon - I just see the fishermen's faces and the '...ed if I'm going out there look!

There doesn't seem to be an respite in sight.

Grrrr. But it's better than snow and ice I think.
Albufeira Resident

J2me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2009 at 14:00
Hi Tom,

Though the weather in Albufeira at the weekend was truly awful Ouch (I was there too), it is better than it was in Dublin on Monday. The airplane was late into faro airport because the engine etc had to be de-iced. Lots of snow showers.  Plenty of fender benders due to ice on the road.

I plan to get back to Albufeira in either early or late April. What weather can I expect then?

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2009 at 13:55
13 with me but ditto, feels chiily. just hoping rain will hold off til 5 as little un has riding at 3.30 and its spitting now. Spitting rain, not the horse!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2009 at 13:11
It's just after 1pm. My thermometer insists it is 13C but it feels a lot colder than that.

Anyone else?

There's a horrible mess of murk and rain out to sea, it won't be long before it starts raining.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2009 at 09:19
Tuesday morning and it is grey, damp and generally gloomy out here. Current temperature 10C/50F. Wind from the south-west, moderate, and there are a whole load of showers heading in this general direction. Today's high maybe 14C/57F, which is slightly below average for the time of year.

If we are lucky it will be like yesterday, when the heavy showers passed to the north and south of us.

The local forecast is currently predicting a less rainy couple of days for Wednesday and Thursday.
Albufeira Resident

caz 3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2009 at 19:09
Originally posted by john2604smith john2604smith wrote:

Was having lunch in the square yesterday, sat in a T shirt under sunny skies, back in blighty today watching the snow, heating on full blast, wrapped up in a thick jumper, roll on April !!
i  could have been sat next to you, i was there most of the afternoon, like you came home saturday night

Wink

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2009 at 17:26
Fingers crossed - here's an item from the Portugal Met Office website to prove that January was a bit wet.

O mês de Janeiro de 2009 foi o 3º mais chuvoso do Sec. XXI, com valores de precipitação total média no Continente de 140,1 mm. Este valor acumulado de precipitação ficou bastante aquém do registado em Janeiro de 2001 , quando se registou uma precipitação média total de 254,2 mm.

Not as wet as Jan 2001 in terms of the average amount of rain but the 3rd wettest this century.

Em termos de precipitação total média, o valor observado em Janeiro de 2009, 140,1 mm, situa-se pouco acima do valor da média climatológica de 1971-2000 (117,3 mm). No entanto, os 21 dias com precipitação registada superior a 1 mm é muito superior à média observada no mesmo período (10 dias) e situa este mês de janeiro logo atrás de Janeiro de 2001, quando se observaram 22 dias com precipitação nas estações do Continente.

21 rainy days recorded in January 2009, 2001 had 22 but it must have really chucked it down!

January average rainfall 1971- 2000 was 117.8mm, this year there was about 20% over the odds. However that's taken across the whole country, so I wouldn't mind betting that certain places would have been a lot worse off.

Now I am off out shortly and there is a large black shower passing out to sea a few miles away. Let's hope the next one does the same.

Albufeira Resident

Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2009 at 15:57

Hopefully it wil pick up now January has gone, keep posting Tom, brother Sam is going over two weeks on Thursday looking for the big yellow thing in the sky!

Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2009 at 08:46
Well yesterday was reasonably OK during the day but there were bursts of rain, quite heavy one of them as I walked into town.

This morning it is fairly bright but there are a lot of clouds around looking out to sea. Current temperature is 11C/52F which will rise to maybe 13 or 14C/55 - 57F this afternoon.

Wind is moderate from the north-west, which might bring showers later. The radar shows some weather out to the west near Lagos and Sagres, coming this way.

Rather more pleasant nevertheless than the pictures from SE England that I have been looking at this morning!

The picture from Salema's beach reminds me of a couple of years ago hereabouts when the sand vanished overnight.

I heard also yesterday that an hotel on Cerro Malpique had serious flooding problems on Saturday night.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529530531 566>
  Share Topic