Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 54>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2021 at 14:23
So I was Informed yesterday that those who had the Oxford serum would get after effects from the first one but nothing with the second one and vice versa for the Pfizer vaccine. 
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2021 at 14:24
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

In my part of the world we call an injection of any sort a "Jag" although those from spam belts and leafy suburbs may call them "Injections".  People in the meeja from elsewhere in the UK call them "Jabs". 
Is this an affectation?  And can you judge a persons socio-economic status (real or aspired to) by which word they use?

A jag. I've not heard of this before.
I'm from Liverpool where we have plenty of slang terms but a jag is a new one on me. :)
I agree that a jab could be a punch.
So an injection in the arm could be similar to a poke/jab.
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2021 at 15:33
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Arm hurts and I feel very tired, other than that I'm okay. The staff at the health centre did warn me of the possible side effects.  

Your profile location still says Portugal but I'm guessing you might be in UK?

I haven't been following the vaccine fustercluck in EU but ultimately it may well affect us all. 
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2021 at 15:34
Naaa...a poke is a small paper bag e.g. a poke of chips.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2021 at 15:57
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Naaa...a poke is a small paper bag e.g. a poke of chips.

Haha, I haven't heard of that either. 😊

hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2021 at 16:42
Originally posted by Orada-man Orada-man wrote:

Arm hurts and I feel very tired, other than that I'm okay. The staff at the health centre did warn me of the possible side effects.  

I haven't been following the vaccine fustercluck in EU but ultimately it may well affect us all. 
The clue  to where he is. Received the Vaccine at Centro de Saude.
He will be to polite to reply.WinkWink
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2021 at 19:15
I'm glad vaccination is happening now in Albufeira.  From the press reports I've found it hard to work it out.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2021 at 12:49
Originally posted by Orada-man Orada-man wrote:

As Hamlet says, still in Portugal mate. 
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2021 at 20:48
Originally posted by mrandyd mrandyd wrote:

Same for me, but my wife was extremely tired the next day and had a headache.

Mine doesn`t need a jab for the same symptoms.Smile
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 19:27
Read on the news that Spain is hoping to set up a covid passport for those who have had a negative test with those who have had both inoculations so they can open up from the 27 March.
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 10:08
The Telegraph travel writer, Simon Calder is today reporting that Portugal will be removed from the red list, probably be able to visit from 17th May
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 11:48
Yes , I believe it’s going to be lifted on Monday, with still only the possibility of international travel from 17th with digital passports
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 12:57
Just nine weeks away from the current `potential travel` date for most people ... but you can go anytime if you can find a good reason ..
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 13:14
Restaurants and bars will be allowed to open after a fashion (outdoors only not after 1pm at weekends) the week after Easter with (almost) full opening early May. Providing of course the obsession with statistics doesn't rule that out. That does mean that if and when you are allowed out of the UK things should be returning to some semblance of normality, whatever that will mean for the future.

You may still have to spend £££ on all the medical tests and stamps on your passportsetc proving that you are no infected and can thus travel.

At least next week I can sit on a park bench, get a haircut and buy a pair of socks, all of which have been illegal this past two months.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 17:47
Sol e mar not opening till 1st may the manager told me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 54>
  Share Topic