Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 54>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2020 at 12:55
Hello Algarve,
Have been watching to much football, just testing youBig smile, I got the wrong stadium (match)Unhappy.
Have a look at Fulham v Liverpool. Take care.
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2020 at 15:25
Originally posted by hamlet hamlet wrote:

What a shower of dimwits running our Country and I'm not even to talk about Brexit . 
To-day they confirmed London will be moved into Tier 3 yet at the week-end they gave permission for crowds of 2,000 spectators to attend live football. They were aware all of last week that there was cause for concern with increased numbers. Is it cynical of me? All of these London teams involved The teams involved included Fulham, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Tottenham. The spectators at the Crystal Palace match were jammed behind the goals like sardines and the use of masks was certainly not mandatory. I wonder if the Government followed the advise of the medical profession? Watched another episode of Hancock's half hour. Don't believe a word that he says, remember when he claimed our PPE would be arriving when the aircraft to be used in transporting the supplies had not even left the UK.  Rant over.

You don't really think politicians are responsible for the purchase of PPE,do you?The NHS has massively overpaid civil servants in the purchasing departments,probably paid far more than government ministers,to do this.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2020 at 20:19
I never said politicians are responsible for the purchase but they are responsible for what they tell us. 
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2020 at 08:24
We all know when a politician is telling lies,their lips are moving.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2020 at 10:48
Funny LOL That's what the wife says to me.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2020 at 11:53
Originally posted by tiganut tiganut wrote:

Originally posted by hamlet hamlet wrote:

What a shower of dimwits running our Country and I'm not even to talk about Brexit . 
To-day they confirmed London will be moved into Tier 3 yet at the week-end they gave permission for crowds of 2,000 spectators to attend live football. They were aware all of last week that there was cause for concern with increased numbers. Is it cynical of me? All of these London teams involved The teams involved included Fulham, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Tottenham. The spectators at the Crystal Palace match were jammed behind the goals like sardines and the use of masks was certainly not mandatory. I wonder if the Government followed the advise of the medical profession? Watched another episode of Hancock's half hour. Don't believe a word that he says, remember when he claimed our PPE would be arriving when the aircraft to be used in transporting the supplies had not even left the UK.  Rant over.

You don't really think politicians are responsible for the purchase of PPE,do you?The NHS has massively overpaid civil servants in the purchasing departments,probably paid far more than government ministers,to do this.

Mate, the contract to supply PPE was given by The Government to a bunch of their mates, without tender. A bunch of their mates who had no previous experience in procuring PPE, but had donated a lot of money to the Tory party...

Bit like the ferry company with no boats... LOL

Go away Duchatalet
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2020 at 13:08
To supply PPE at vastly inflated prices ( over and above the already inflated prices)
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2021 at 14:45
There seems to be a worrying rise in cases there, is this the mutated virus now or maybe the Christmas get together effect ! Whichever hope everyone stays safe and well 😊
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2021 at 21:24
411 cases yesterday ... 2100 over the week ... this is now out of control ... track and trace will be kept very busy in Algarve for the next several months .. and certainly looks like we are nowhere near a peak for the second wave ..
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2021 at 09:39
Despite the numbers that are being used to cause alarm and even panic, a group of eight or nine us having a final drink last night don't know anyone who has had it nor even anyone at second hand. But the end is surely nigh. Nothing anyone has done for the past year has prevented the virus from spreading.

In a few years the survivors can pick up the pieces and start again.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2021 at 10:59
It's all a conspiracy? The guys at the Capitol last week think so. 10,000 rednecks can't be wrong.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
drift89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drift89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2021 at 19:17
virus now from brazil all flights from south america and also portugal are now not allowed to enter uk.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2021 at 09:06
Well, nothing anyone has done over the last ten months or so has prevented the virus from spreading, so it is surely now time for more extreme measures. Everyone should be ordered to stay at home and not be allowed out for any reason at all. Sure, some will die of starvation, other illnesses etc, but that is the price that must be paid to eradicate the greater 'danger'.

On a lighter side, I went out for a rapid haircut yesterday, as I am told did many others. The hairdresser observed that we won't see politicians or TV presenters with long hair in a month's time, so how will they look good on TV if hairdressers are closed? Somehow I cannot see Mrs President chopping away at his hair with the kitchen scissors.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2021 at 11:20
Drift89, my wife has always taken a dim view of Brazilians.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2021 at 12:00
I have been watching some videos from Brazil ... especially Balneario Camboriu in the Santa Catarina state just below Sao Paulo .. looks like Benidorm with amazing tall narrow buildings.

If you notice the funky lamp standards ... they hold 8-10 spotlights, so the whole front can be illuminated ... also a note to Albufeira Camara ... this is called a promenade .. something your city badly needs ...  

Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 54>
  Share Topic