Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 54>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2020 at 11:00
It is sad to see the restrictions, especially as the Algarve region has , comparatively, done better, but can understand why they are imposed . The situation in the north seems somewhat out of control though , but not as bad as other countries in Europe .
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2020 at 08:52
It will be interesting  to see how many disobey the temporary laws on Sunday 1st. In past years numbers visiting some cemeteries have been so large as to need police to control parking and general access. I am sure the government won't want to see pictures in the news of people being arrested for trying to go to a cemetery.

At least it is not illegal to go to church or buy clothes here, unlike now in Wales. And no border checkpoints either.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2020 at 16:28
It would not be an understatement to say the restrictions imposed by the current “ Regime” are unpopular .... it is always fair to impose a lockdown if the science indicates it will help 🤔 not sure why me buying a kettle if mine breaks down is considered unnecessary by the men in power !
To state it stops unfair competition is crazy , as I can simply order from Amazon ... who are seriously profiting now 🙄
I hope they don’t do something as daft in Albufeira ... 🤞
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2020 at 08:52
We had something close to that situation early on when most shops were closed. However it was soon realised that people needed to buy clothes and kettles. Mobile phones for that matter. It wasn't long before the 'essential' retail sector was back up and running, but places like hairdressers and beauticians stayed closed for months, bars also.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2020 at 11:08
This is where Amazon will make a killing. I've never used them so much before. 
I'm in the "shielding" category so only go across to the local park for a bit of exercise and then home. Everything else comes to my door.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2020 at 08:06
The border roadblocks were in full operation yesterday evening on the N125 at the Loulé - Albufeira border, unconstitutional or not.  The truck coming to collect the materials for my little bit of work today was held up 45 minutes in a queue. Luckily they had paperwork to prove they were on a job, or they might have been turned back.

The crew were muttering about this all becoming a matter of politics and TV air-time, those in charge trying to score points by introducing sound bite measures which in the end achieve nothing but cause inconvenience, worry, etc etc.

It is a sad reflection on the world we must now live (according to those who know best) that we now see régimes where rule by fear is becoming the norm. We thought that had all gone 30 years ago.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2020 at 08:40
A small good news item is that, according to this morning's news. The Algarve (except for São Bras de Alportel) is not included among the regions and muncipalities that will be subject to the more severe restrictions on daily life announced yesterday. How long that will last is unknown.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2020 at 09:32
The cynic in me says that weather like today's is going to have a far greater effect on the numbers than any measures imposed by government.

Fopr those not here there is thunder, lightning, heavy rain and is so dark it's almost like night.
Albufeira Resident

Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2020 at 20:49
Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine approved in the Uk hope this is the 1st step out of this nightmare
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2020 at 08:50
Most of us will have to wait many weeks, even months, before we can have any injections. I foresee it being six months before anything resembling life as it was before can resume.

We await the announcements about restrictions over Christmas and New Year. Will government be brave enough to prohibit people going to midnight Mass?

Maybe they will in view of this headline news _

Portugal’s healthcare chiefs in Covid isolation after DGS director-general tests positive

If the great and good can find no way to escape this contagion, what chance do mere mortals have?
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2020 at 09:51
Scotland is to start vaccinations next week ... health service, care homes, over 80`s .. then down ... I may get my jabs in January ..
Pyrman
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2020 at 12:27
To be honest the mass vaccination will be a huge task i am more conservative and really think things will only start to get back to normal by the winter of 2021
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2020 at 09:18
Originally posted by Luis Luis wrote:

To be honest the mass vaccination will be a huge task i am more conservative and really think things will only start to get back to normal by the winter of 2021

According to this morning's news, it will take until March or April to complete phase one of the vaccination scheme, that's to say the very elderly, infirm, those in care homes etc.

Over 65's in 'good health' come into phase two, with the mass of the population after that. Which takes us well into the latter part of 2021.

Luis may well be right. And by the time this is all over, China will send us something new to deal with.

Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2020 at 10:38
It's being so cheerful what keeps you going, Tom...  Big smile
Go away Duchatalet
camara1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camara1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2020 at 17:45
cubser wrote-China will send us something new to deal with.- Bit of a racist comment, should apologize and stop being so narrow minded
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 54>
  Share Topic