Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 54>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2020 at 18:14
Beaches are busier than expected, social distancing seems good . The restaurants are open and 1.5 metres between tables , all staff wear masks. You need masks to wear indoors and to and from the tables when you eat out . Some bars are open, but the strip is mainly closed !
Feels very safe and welcoming
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 08:25
In spotted in the square yesterday lunchtime that Bank restaurant remains closed, as do some of those along the Avenida 25 de Abril, the street that leads to the pier. Places like Doce Jardim, Pampas and Vertigo around the square are open, as well as Sir Harry's which opened on Monday after their rebuild.

I would estimate that 90% of restaurants and snack bars are open.

However those that were open had very few customers.

The beach has plenty of room. The new triangular red flags that tell you if the beach is full cannot be seen from some of the 'entrances' so keep an eye out for the them. You can always move to another bit.

Around town generally, many of the groups and voices I heard were Spanish. I did see a couple of Irish shirts.

'Entertainment' and night-time bars are still not allowed to open, so 11pm closure still stands.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
NBSHIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSHIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 09:23
Thanks for the info.... I think it will be a last minute decision if we get the flight or not !!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 09:48
Well. We could do, without this...
The person commenting at the bottom blames the Strip but, unless it’s a library or stock photo that’s the Old Town.

Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 10:06
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Found this on facebook yesterday re the 11pm closing rule of restaurant/snackbar establishments. Also other folks who live there have said same. The rule isn't quite clear to people when the rules say they have to close at 11pm

" So tonight I was told by the manager of a bar that is open.. the rule is as long as you are inside (terrace included) before 11pm you can stay till their normal closing time. Witnessed this tonight, they cordoned off the terrace at 11pm and closed the doors. The GNR  drove past several times from 11pm until 12.30am and absolutely no problem. Social distancing was adhered too and masks and disinfectant gel were used on entering the premises. So honestly as long as people respect these  rules you can enjoy your holiday."

BTW this was in Albufeira, not sure which bar/restaurant it applied to as the poster  didn't say.

Seems if your already in the bar you can stay after 11pm until they close but no new customers are allowed after 11pm.

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Does anyone really know the proper ruling of this, very confusing on what to believe ? </span>

Rockline, Barbers, Solcaffe to name three.
Colin
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 11:33
A vague half baked Facebook 2nd or 3rd hand report. Possibly true, possibly garbled.
Typical social media.
"There’s a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears He’s Elvis..."
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 12:39
Two of the three were first hand Facebook posts from people in Albufeira since last weekend including from a couple visiting for the first time. I have no reason to disbelieve them.

This is an extract:-

"We then went for a couple of drinks in Old Town. We ended up in Barbers bar where a band was playing. The bar stopped allowing people in after 11 however once inside you could stay until 2am. Police were patrolling the area again however the atmosphere in the bar was great with plenty of people and the music still playing and drinks continued to be served."
Colin
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 16:58
I see on Portugal Resident news and also on a Dutch newspaper that there was an influx of hundreds of young Dutch school leavers in Oura area last weekend, not social distancing or wearing masks where required, and over 20 of them fined.
The article states that the police had to get involved and bar owners had to close their doors 
Has anybody on here witnessed or heard of this incident last weekend?
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 17:30
Bebop its  on  facebook if you are a member on Destination Albufeira page and also others relating to Albufeira. The locals are not pleased.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 20:09
Hi Jayjan, I'm not on facebook I picked the info up from albufeira.com.
I am not surprised at the local's reaction.
In Dublin last weekend, the first weekend that bars serving food opened, there were a lot of young people not following guidelines.
Hopefully these situations will not lead to second waves happening.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2020 at 20:49
Bebop I'm just glad I live  right on the outskirts of our town and  its been very quiet. We have a Marstons pub/restaurant just 100yds up the road from us but when I passed on Saturday everyone seemed to be abiding by the rules. Luckily too they have a big beer garden which can be used as well. 
I find going to the supermarket more stressful as no-one seems to abide by rules. Arrows on the floor depicting one-way and folks still come down the wrong way and then stand right next to you. grrrrr.

There was also a picture on facebook a Portuguese guy posted of a street in Porto and it was rammed with drinkers, shoulder to shoulder,  mmmmm I thought the rules were no drinking on the streets & self distancing.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2020 at 09:10
Bebop - there were plenty of reports on local TV.  They must have been tipped off.

Here in Portugal what you must do is the law, not wishy-washy guidelines.

If the 11pm closing law has been changed it is news to me and to the bar owners I know.

And if that is the case they can have a lock-in, 'food' bars can stay open just with people drinking, why is it that 'entertainment bars' ie those that do not have a food licence, cannot open at all? What's the difference?

There are no 'one way' systems in the supermarkets here. A sign at the front of Continente states that a maximum of 610 people are allowed at any one time. No-one is counting.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2020 at 11:27
Bebop ... you can go to TVI24 ... and watch their report
https://tvi24.iol.pt/videos/sociedade/albufeira-bares-fechados-diminuem-ajuntamentos-na-rua-da-oura/5f06468d0cf2b7c931459522
Pyrman
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/July/2020 at 14:12
 If the 11pm closing law has been changed it is news to me and to the bar owners I know.”

The landlord of the ale house that a few on here frequent, The Cavern, explained the 11 o’clock rule to me this morning........

A government official visited the premises and between them they agreed on a maximum of 20 customers. If there are 19 and a couple turn up, tough. Social distancing has to be adhered to. 

Now, the 11 o’clock rule.....
Any customers inside before 11 can stay on until normal closing time, in this case, 4 am.
If a customer steps outside for a smoke, they will not be allowed in again. 
If your wife/husband arrives to meet you at 11-05.... tough. They won’t get in. 
The strict rules will be enforced as the GNR are doing patrols and the penalties are high. 

Unfortunately The Cavern is still closed as it is classed along side nightclubs and will be the last to open

we're not brazil we're norn iron
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/July/2020 at 20:23
Thank you Bob.  Enjoy your visit.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 54>
  Share Topic