Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Finding work in Albufeira / Trabalhar em Albufeira
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLooking for work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for work
    Posted: 08/January/2017 at 15:28
Hi myself and a friend are looking to come to albufeira to work we both visited last week we where on holiday for 5 days and now want to go back and work would do any jobs hotel wor, catering, or wor on the strip anything at all , could you please inbox myself if anyone has any work available , we are both 35 males , living in Scotland at the momlnet but would love the opportunity to come over and work , so if anything available just drop us a message
Thanks
William
Sponsored Links

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2017 at 16:10
Hi ...  you posted on the tourism forum.   There is a `looking for work` forum further down.
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2017 at 10:36
I've moved it.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2017 at 11:55
Originally posted by Croall Croall wrote:

Hi myself and a friend are looking to come to albufeira to work we both visited last week we where on holiday for 5 days and now want to go back and work would do any jobs hotel wor, catering, or wor on the strip anything at all , could you please inbox myself if anyone has any work available , we are both 35 males , living in Scotland at the momlnet but would love the opportunity to come over and work , so if anything available just drop us a message
Thanks
William

Hi William and welcome. Good luck in your search.
If I was you I'd try and avoid any jobs that require grammar, punctuation and spelling skills Wink
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2017 at 10:18
Don`t get the impression it is `party central` x 12  ... Nov - Mar is fairly quiet and a lot of bars and restaurants close ... season is basically April - Oct ... rammed in July and August. And if you are hoping someone will phone or text you ... don`t wait up.

You need to be pro-active ... contact bars, restaurants or wherever you think you can work. For instance, many hotels, etc, which do close will be recruiting again in Spring ... get on those sites .. you`ll find almost everything listed by Trip Advisor. On these forums ... look top of the page for `restaurants` or `hotels` ... or type `bars and pubs` in the big search box, changing location on the right to wherever you want ...  there`s your market.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g189111-i330-Algarve.html

Be aware also that flight and accomodation costs can be vastly more expensive from April to October than you may have found for your recent visit. Have a look also at my site for some wider impressions

www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com

Pyrman
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2017 at 11:43
Have a look at the Jobs in Algarve Facebook Page, most are posted in March/April though. Lots of vacancies then but beware, cheap accommodation close to town is snapped up early. I'd suggest you visit again in early March, things should be waking up then.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2017 at 17:18
I think once you have checked out the wages they are willing to pay, you may well decide not to bother.
cameronout
0856kit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2017 at 20:11
I came over with a band in 2011, we hit every bar in Albufiera and Vilamoura , offering to do a free set, if the bar liked us, they paid us and maybe offered us further bookings, if not, no problem, it took a while and plenty of leg work, but eventually we had five nights a week booked every week,money wasn't great, but the customers and location made up for that, it can be done, just don't expect to make your fortune or to have it handed to you on a plate! 
Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic