Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 57>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA
    Posted: 30/August/2011 at 13:54
To begin season 2011/2012

Imortal play at the Albufeira Municipal Stadium. Games are on Saturday afternoons, normally with a 3pm kickoff. Admission was €2,50 for adults last season. Don't know what it will be next season. There are no programmes and there is no club shop. There is a bar.

The League season begins on Saturday 1st October. Fixtures are due out on Tuesday 6th September and will be here as soon as I can write them up.

Pre-season games are normally played behind closed doors to avoid having to pay for police attendance. If I find out about any, I will put details here. Most clubs will only be starting their preparations this week.

The other Algarve League teams in the immediate area are Guia and Ferreiras. Their fixtures and results will be published every week.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2011 at 17:47
Fixtures for 2011/2012 are out. Imortal start on Saturday 1st October with a home game against promoted side Estombarense. Game ought to be at 3pm and will be confirmed nearer the time.

Complete fixture list

http://thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/imortal.htm

Bad to note that there are only nine teams in the Second Division this coming season. Paderne and Sambrazense have not entered, the latter despite finishing second in the Division Two and  being promoted. No-one was relegated from the national leagues following the demise of Beira Mar de Monte Gordo
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2011 at 18:50
Pleased to report that admission remains at €2,50 and that the club shop was open on Saturday. Several visiting Brits were spotted wearing their newly purchased Imortal shirts.

Fairly good crowd today, about 200, considering all that is going on!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2011 at 13:42
There is a video on line of the match last Saturday v Estombarense!

Go to this website

http://www.digitalmaistv.com/

Click on 'Desporto' and it's the top left hand item.

it's the whole game! The only goal came after 89 minutes if you want to fast forward.

Apparently they will do a different game every week the whole season, with a pre-match interview etc on the Thursday or Friday before.
Albufeira Resident

BERGY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BERGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2011 at 19:40
cubsur,

Many years ago I suppoted the Imortals but now I live in Aljezur I now follow them.  Last year it was good to visit the old ground, sadly we were the whipping boys and found that we were relegated to the 2nd Div. But, we will be back!

Have a good season.

John B-P
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2011 at 20:41
I think we will be passing you in the opposite direction. Football has big problems here, with only nine teams left in the Second Division.
Albufeira Resident

Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2011 at 08:02
Thanks for that Cubsur. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game. I reckon its the same standard as a Scottish second or third division game as i have seen plenty of them.
We (Imortal) were a little bit unlucky to loose that late goal as we had a chance to clear the cross. I will not complain about the woman linesman as I would be banned from the forum (Remember what happened to Andy Gray and Richard Keys).
I look forward to your reports and pics of the Imortal games to come this season.
Thanks
Ally
Ally
BERGY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BERGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2011 at 09:22
Hi guys,

Thanks for the link to the game. As for the leagues, they should have dropped a couple of other team to level the 1st & 2nd divisions.

Now the lady linesman, I think the other year she was a ref and broke her arm whilst Aljezur were playing Quarteira. She ran the line last year at one of our matches, at first she was good  but after a while her view of the game differed from both sets of supporters!

I will watch the Imortals porgress  via this site and :http://www.footballzz.com/edicao.php?id_edicao=25803

Cheers,

John B-P
Mikster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2011 at 17:04
Quote " Several visiting Brits were spotted wearing their newly purchased Imortal shirts."
Firsty cubsur, thanks for answering my e-mail a couple of months ago. Now.......................

To save me wearing my "yellow" Belper Town shirt for the Match on the 15th V's Ferreiras,
Do you think the club shop will be open and is it at the ground? any idea of the price? I'll bring the correct money.

Also, anyone fancy meeting at the ground for beers and footy talk?

Also, Also, as I'm just a footy fan , I read another post (which I can't now find) stating that Ferreiras is only 2 miles away, and they are at home on the 22nd V's Lusitano, Is it walkable? bus? or best in a cab? I could get another game and shirt while I'm over! (If you know where I can just get the Ferreiras shirt would be helpfull)
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2011 at 11:03
Mikster - welcome back

The Imortal club shop is inside the ground. I don't know the price of the shirts for certain but I think I heard the chaps last week say 40 or 45 Euros, but don't quote me on that.

I will be at the game v Ferreiras on the 15th but will precede that by watching Liverpool v Man Utd at Floyd's Bar, which is about 10 minutes walk from the stadium. You would of course be welcome to join us there for some erudite discussion.

The Ferreiras ground is about 3 miles from the centre of Albufeira. There is a bus (Linha Laranja or Orange Line) every half hour from the main bus station, which stops about 100 yards from the Ferreiras ground. These go at 10 and 40 minutes past the hour and take about 10 minutes to get there. If you are not within walking distance of the bus station, there are other city buses to get you there. The fare is €1,10 and your ticket can be used on different buses for up to 1 hour.

Buses come back at 5 and 35 minutes past the hour.

I will tell you more about that if needed.

I will probably be going to Ferreiras myself tomorrow afternoon, there being no other games nearby and with Imortal off away out in the wilds. I haven't seen a club shop as such on previous visits, although they did have a small range of souvenirs on show in the bar. I will see what I can find out.

BTW Ferreiras kickoff at 4pm, which does make it a bit less of a mad rush to get there after whatever game is on TV at 1245!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2011 at 18:32
Today

Santa Luzia 1 - 1 Imortal
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2011 at 18:55
Mikste - Just to let you know that Ferreiras have shirts and other souvenirs on sale in the clubhouse bar. Shirts were 20 Euros if I read the price list correctly.
Albufeira Resident

Mikster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2011 at 15:05

Brilliant Cubsur, will get a locator map of Floyd's and join you for second half of the game. Looking forward to meeting up, I will be wearing my Belper Town shirt for a photographic opportunety fro the Belper website. At least until I get my new Imortal shirt!!!!!

WEBLINK REMOVED (ADMIN)
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2011 at 17:51
Today

Imortal 1 - 1 Ferreiras

A very good game, well worth the admission. Imortal made up in enthusiasm and effort what they lacked in skill and experience.

Ferreiras ended the first half in front, courtesy of an error by the Imortal goalie who dropped the ball in front of an opponent. The first half was fairly devoid of incident but the second half was not.

Imortal were awarded an early penalty for handball but it was taken very poorly and saved. Ferreiras were much the better team and our goalie made up for his earlier mistake with two outstanding saves.

Ferreiras had two goals disallowed, the second of which one of their subs objected to so loudly he was sent off from the bench. Don't see that very often.

With fifteen minutes left, another handball in the area gave Imortal a second penalty. The defender was sent off and this time the penalty was smashed home.

A good crowd of around 350 gave both teams a deserved round of applause for a good game on a very hot afternoon.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2011 at 18:30
Guia 3 Imortal 1 this afternoon. No mercy from former Imortal men Roberto and Pipocas, who were both on the scoresheet as Imortal went down to a better organised Guia side. This despite taking the lead in the 11th minute from a penalty, below. More tomorrow.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 57>
  Share Topic