Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this usual tourist profile?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this usual tourist profile?
    Posted: 29/June/2022 at 08:55
Yes, I went past the big new ALDI at around 1pm yesterday and thought to myself, they are fighting to get in!

Those unwilling to pay as much as €3 for a (large) beer in a bar were no doubt among them to have enough to get through the afternoon and evening. Then it's hit the clubs at 11pm.

Sunday lunchtime is always quiet in the old town restaurants, especially when the sun is shining. People tend to eat out later in the day, those that can afford it.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2022 at 13:30
Probably groups of Dutch - loads on the strip and they are all quite young and therefore eat and drink indoors as not much cash, then they maybe hit the bars later having saved some money. Many restaurants quiet in the heat at that time of day but I'd say more 3-6pm is our quietest time.
dpx3001 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2022 at 12:28
Can't say if this is 'normal' since it is only based on a second year of observation since I live in Albufeira. Last year was confinamento all over so I can't really compare with the normal year.

As some know I live near bullring and new aldi, so I can observe visits from my terrace. There is a lot of tourists (groups of 5-10-15) going into aldi and buying tons of food, even pushing full aldi carts all across the area, bringing food home I guess. Looks like majority enjoying very cheap tourism with not many restaurant visits.

Additionally I was having lunch with friends near old city center on Sunday, so I went past many restaurants between 1pm and 4pm. Most of them 90% empty where I expected them to have much more visits in epicenter of tourism.

So what is typical Albufeira tourist profile? Cheap and visiting supermarkets or eating out? Is this year different than good years before covid?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic