Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for long term Accomodation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ClairedKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClairedKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for long term Accomodation
    Posted: 04/March/2020 at 11:30
Accommodation for seasonal staff is always a big problem, almost every bar/restaurant in the Old Town had signs up looking for staff last week, even the closed ones!! Any apartment owner would be mad to give their property for €600 for the month of August when you can then over that for a week from Tourists. As advised already, maybe the person who has offered you a job can help you out. Or look for a job somewhere that will help with somewhere to stay, if you work in hospitality there is a lot of choice at the moment.
Sponsored Links

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2020 at 10:20
You would be better searching in an area like Ferreiras .. which is on the local giro route ... most workers in Albufeira come in from Loule, Quarteira and Faro ..  travelling is much cheaper than staying here ..  you might also think about sharing locally.

also look at sites like    https://www.facebook.com/Albufeira365/

and look at any noticeboards in supermarkets, etc like the main pingo doce .. on the link above on Cubsur`s post, there is a `cheap` decent flat in rua das Pardais (sparrows) just behind the main road at Bellavista, centre of town (all the streets up there are birds) .. but only until end of June .. then prices are sky-high. You could stay in quite a few s/c hotels in March/April for around £20 per night ... eat in Pingo Doce cheaply .. while you search for a share .. many other people will be in the same boat ..
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2020 at 13:57
Diffiicult I am afraid. When owners can get €1500 a week for a two bed apartment renting to tourists, you can understand why they won't let long term to the people that work here.

Can your future employer not help? Long term rentals are very rarely advertised in the open.  It's almost all word of mouth. They will mainly be the properties that for some reason cannot be used for tourist rentals. Some will be a long way from town.

and a website search might find more.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Eimear c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eimear c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2020 at 12:51
Hi..
I’m planning on moving to albufeira for the summer as I’ve been offered work.
However I’m finding it very difficult to find accommodation as a lot of apartments do not offer monthly rates in the summer months.
My budget is €500-€700 a month.
Any help would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic