Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Usage & Rules/ Uso e Regras » Announcements / Novidades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

“There’s a dark cloud hanging over us.”

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: “There’s a dark cloud hanging over us.”
    Posted: 16/March/2020 at 13:36

It hurts us but we feel we have to make this statement.

To all who plan on visiting Albufeira or the Algarve region in the coming weeks,

Please understand that the situation is dire and that you, unlike any other day until now, are not welcome here. The spread of Covid-19 has reached Portugal and exceptional measures are being taken and put in place. Frontiers will probably be closed soon, and tourists will not be able to travel to our country. Although this will cause a catastrophic economic impact on the tourism industry, directly and to the rest of the local economy as a result, we are forced to accept these drastic measures, especially since some business owners are still placing their business interest in front of the general public health. Part of the few tourists that are currently visiting also don’t seem to be following the evolving news and behave like nothing serious is happening, or believe it only happens to other and they are not at risk.

These behaviours are causing serious concern to the locals and to the authorities. As a result, a general state of emergency will likely be declared and we are not going to like what comes next, a mandatory general quarantine. A complete lock down for an unknown period will be in effect and that will mean an end to any leisure activity and any gathering of people all around. Only short trips to get essential goods will be authorised.

As you can imagine, this will cause an unprecedented economic and social crisis and every local business will be affected and many might close permanently. What we ask to everyone who was planning on coming here and spend their holidays, is to postpone their trip for the time being. After this situation is under control and it is safe to travel, we are hoping and expecting your visit in large numbers and by so, help everyone living in the Algarve giving us a chance to recover. We know this year will be "Annus Horribilis", but with your help and fraternity we will make it through together.

Enjoy your stay in Albufeira,… just not at the moment.

We will be looking for ways you can help remotely your favorite destination overcome the current crisis. Any ideas are welcome.

Albufeira.com Admin
Sponsored Links

dbaxter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2020 at 16:29
Such a sad post but perfectly understanding. I know that it will be many months before we can return to our beloved Albufeira but in the mean time do please keep the pictures coming as a reminder of the good times past and I confident, better times to come
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 21:16
A sad post. We are all in the middle of a nightmare. Things may have changed forever to be honest. The effects will be felt for years to come. I find myself at home these days with nothing to do but reflect on happier times. Albufeira was a big part of my life once upon a time. Isolation has brought me back to this forum. I see many friends/acquaintanses  are till on here from years gone by. Where did those years go? I hope you are all well and staying safe. Take care, from Av and Peter x
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 23:26
Hi Avril my friend, lovely to hear from you. Tried sending you a birthday message on facebook but to no avail. Have you left facebook? BTW hope you, Peter, your sons and your lovely grandson are ok . Big hugs xxxxx
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic