Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Green tiled building is for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2020 at 18:32
any signs of progress/updates Smile thanks 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/December/2020 at 09:13
I am intending to pass by on Sunday afternoon, so check back on Monday morning.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2020 at 09:35
Not really much to see in the way of progress. Nobody working yesterday of course so I was able to take a couple of shots from over the fence.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2021 at 09:40
About time I took another look. I shall use my permitted exercise period later today to see what's happening.
Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2021 at 10:06
Are you allowed to walk that far Tom? Will you get told off? 😉
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2021 at 10:59
I walked 6.4km yesterday in all. So were a lot of others out and about. If there are places i should not be, I know not of them. Anyway, I went past the green tiled building.

Work in the building continues, but seemingly at the pace of a geriatric snail. The building permit says they have another 13 months. Looks like they will need it.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2021 at 11:32
Interesting.  I didn't realize the building had an entrance in the street behind until I saw your photos.  It had to have, I suppose.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2021 at 09:36
The site is L shaped and may once have been two separate buildings.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2021 at 15:31
The steel struts that held up the front have been removed. The structure is now supported by an internal framework. Judging by the state of the front wall, someone is going to be doing a great deal of restoration work! The interior is just a shell of beams and pillars.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2021 at 14:08
The façade is now covered and it loks like the remaining green glzed bricks have been removed. The building permit says another year's work.

Next door but is this sorry sight, which looks ready to collapse into the street at any moment.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2021 at 17:12
Walked past earlier. The glazed bricks have all been removed.
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2021 at 19:06
Acht, do you think they will return?
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2021 at 08:34
I believe the glazed bricks have to be restored. The façade has protected status. We shalll see.
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2021 at 09:48
That would be perfect, thanks for the reply 
my beautiful portugal
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2021 at 11:36
That could be impressive when finished.  I never saw the building before it it became a sad ruin.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
  Share Topic