Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tax representation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2021 at 08:48
You do not need to pay someone to be a tax representative. Anyone can do it. For a simple matter such as receiving an IMI bill and paying it, all you need is someone living here that with mutual trust to receive the bill and pay it for you. I have already paid car tax for a holiday home owner who obviously cannot be here.

Getting the local concil to change the address to which the bills are sent is another matter!

I don't pay IMI but I believe that the accounts can be accessed and payment made through the Finanças website. For that you need a registration, which when I did it came through the post, and a Portuguese bank account.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
port princess View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2021 at 09:38
Thanks Tom ,
My council tax I can pay through my Portuguese bank so that’s fine but someone said I need an accountant to show zero
Tax for financial year
I am confused as don’t rent out my apartment .
Portprincess
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2021 at 08:38
A problem might exist for you if Finanças stop sending IMI bills to UK addresses as has been rumoured. This years bills should be arriving around now.

If no-one here in a similar situation knows the overall tax situation for certain, it might be worth a one-off chat with an accountant but once established that you have no tax liabilities here that should be that. 

Albufeira Resident

port princess View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2021 at 14:31
It’s a tax return that someone says you need to fill in even though zero and pay a accountant to do this so I’m confused
Portprincess
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2021 at 09:48
That's true so far as I know and since the documentation is only in Portuguese with a million boxes to fill in, using an accountant first time is probably for the best.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic