Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tax representation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2021 at 08:48
You do not need to pay someone to be a tax representative. Anyone can do it. For a simple matter such as receiving an IMI bill and paying it, all you need is someone living here that with mutual trust to receive the bill and pay it for you. I have already paid car tax for a holiday home owner who obviously cannot be here.

Getting the local concil to change the address to which the bills are sent is another matter!

I don't pay IMI but I believe that the accounts can be accessed and payment made through the Finanças website. For that you need a registration, which when I did it came through the post, and a Portuguese bank account.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2021 at 09:38
Thanks Tom ,
My council tax I can pay through my Portuguese bank so that’s fine but someone said I need an accountant to show zero
Tax for financial year
I am confused as don’t rent out my apartment .
Portprincess
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2021 at 08:38
A problem might exist for you if Finanças stop sending IMI bills to UK addresses as has been rumoured. This years bills should be arriving around now.

If no-one here in a similar situation knows the overall tax situation for certain, it might be worth a one-off chat with an accountant but once established that you have no tax liabilities here that should be that. 

Albufeira Resident

port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2021 at 14:31
It’s a tax return that someone says you need to fill in even though zero and pay a accountant to do this so I’m confused
Portprincess
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2021 at 09:48
That's true so far as I know and since the documentation is only in Portuguese with a million boxes to fill in, using an accountant first time is probably for the best.
Albufeira Resident

Lynnethh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynnethh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2021 at 16:51
can anyone recommend a company that does Fiscal Representation, we don’t rent out our apartment it’s for personal use , so won’t pay tax , thanks in advance 
kevjrobbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjrobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2021 at 21:24
would love to hear from any replies
Captain Spalding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Spalding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2021 at 10:47
Following on from my post on March 13th.
I got a price from a company I know for Fiscal Representation for Non Residents. €120 plus VAT for both of us per year. They undertake to receive correspondence from AT and pass on to us. They will also make the physical payment if we are not able to and we send them the money to do so. For us as non residents this will only be for IMI.
We received our paper copies of the IMI bill this week by post to the UK...but next years bill won’t be posted to us in the UK.

For Residents, as I understand it from a third party that, under the conditions of Residency that there may be a requirement to demonstrate to the tax authority in Portugal that you don’t owe them any money...by completing a tax return. I’m not sure if this is accurate..others on this forum will know better.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2021 at 09:13
My accountant is Drª Fernanda Coelho. Her office can be contacted via email at

f.coelho.contabilidade@gmail.com

They are based in Albufeira.
Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2021 at 17:11
Update....it's been changed from 30th June 2021 to 30th June 2022!!!
Message from the British Embassy in Lisbon...
If you are resident in the UK, you now have until 30 June 2022 to appoint a fiscal representative in order to fulfil your fiscal duties in Portugal.

You can read the Portuguese government announcement here (in Portuguese) https://portaldascomunidades.mne.gov.pt/images/GADG/Despacho_SEAAF_150_2021_XXII.pdf
If you are resident in Portugal, you are not obliged to appoint a fiscal representative, but can do so if you wish.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2021 at 10:11
Jolly decent of them! I expect my two second home owing neighbours to ask me to pay their IMI on a more formal basis. Easy if you are earning no income here, but if you let your place out for holidays an accountant is pretty well essential.
Albufeira Resident

JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2021 at 10:13
The way I read this is , it’s extended , but if the digital format is in place then it will not be necessary with a fiscal number to appoint a tax representative ! Can do tax from anywhere yourself 🤔
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2021 at 14:14
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Jolly decent of them! I expect my two second home owing neighbours to ask me to pay their IMI on a more formal basis. Easy if you are earning no income here, but if you let your place out for holidays an accountant is pretty well essential.

If you are a PT resident you have to declare your worldwide income (inc UK pensions) so even if you have no PT income you could still have PT tax to pay so I would recommend an accountant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic