Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Staar Restaurant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Staar Restaurant
    Posted: 19/April/2022 at 21:51
Last year a TV programme showed the Staar being set up but then COVID intervened once more.  Are they back in business?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2022 at 07:51
Yes as have seen recent good reviews
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2022 at 08:38
Was open last week when I passed by the end of the alley. I don't know what hours they are keeping.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2022 at 10:31
Thanks.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2022 at 13:40
We went in October and I wouldn't go again, you'll get a better value meal at Pete's place.(imo). We watched the series on All4 and amazingly on the night we went the same things were happening that happened a year before on the TV show. First off we arrived 10 mins before our booking and asked for a drink, a G&T and a cocktail. We had three separate staff dealing with this, Anna the owner took the order, after 5 mins I got the G&T, it came without ice and lemon and without prompting the guy asked would I like Ice and lemon. I obviously said yes because quite frankly even in the dives I frequent they know thats how you serve it. He took it away and returned it with ice and lemon but still no cocktail. We waited 10 minutes for a 3rd server to bring a relatively simple cocktail, we were waiting for friends to join us so I was watching the clock. So it's fair to say they hadn't heard about making a good first impression. Just as on the show the power tripped off during the night twice, it seems like they might have a regular domestic electric board where they would need one with a higher potencia. I had a hideous starter of noodles and honey glazed scallops, which turned out to be a glutinous black mess with 3 scallops hiding in it. An hour later I had a bang average black pork secretos and mash. There were some other delays with desserts or coffees. So sadly this was very much what was happening on the TV show so they don't seem to have learned. It seems like the staff don't have defined roles, so everything seems a bit frantic and disorganised. We were 6 and dishes were served at different times so it was not a pleasureable experience. The prices suggest an upmarket experience but I don't think they are consistent with the quality of the food or with the dining experience.
If you feel you want to go, then the best choices on our night were the Tuna Tartare to start and the Fillet steak.

Good Luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic