Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Residencia renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2022 at 10:49
I am not sure how much info SEF had of mine to insert onto the card but we took passport, current residencia, fiscal number, social security number and utente (health centre) numbers. Had some numbers just written on a post it and not original docs.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2022 at 07:53
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Albufeira residents have all received the call.

I cannot even log on to the website, passwords and attempts to reset passwords are rejected. Everyone I have spoken to over the weekend and yesterday say they will wait until the process can be done in Albufeira. I for one will not spend €50 on train fares to go to an office in Lisbon only to be told I have forgotten one of the six hundred pieces of information no doubt required,

While I appreciate that this whole farce is not the fault of the Portuguese people or authorities, but the 17 million gullible idiots who insisted "nothing will change if we leave the EU because they need us more than we need them",  this is not untypical of what I expected. The system clearly isn't set up properly for Albufeira yet, so why send out the messages? I imagine to meet some kind of promised deadline rather than admit they are not prepared.

To add to the stupidity (and this one is down to SEF and Portuguese authorities) they have decided not to accept the residencia form we were given last year at passport control anymore, even though they are of course fully aware that they have not even seen thousands of people yet, let alone issued their new cards...    
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2022 at 09:54
I heard yesterday of people who are booking to go to Lisbon and of someone else who travelled 50 miles to a processing centre to find the computers had crashed and nothing could be done.

This will be an exercise in patience for sure!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 09:14
We are booked to go to Lisbon but the risk of computer failure on the day is concerning.
 I have heard residents of other Algarve towns now being offered Lisbon as well possibly due to the small uptake in Albufeira
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 09:34
I still cannot log on to the website and all attempts to re-set my password are greeted with 'Error recovering password, try again later'.

What happens to me if I cannot schedule an appointment?
Albufeira Resident

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 09:58
Articles in local press saying existing paperwork can be extended online. If you can access the site
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 10:46
The Portugal Resident is now banging the drum which presumably is a good thing.

"You wake up a winner only you can make yourself a loser"- Declan Murphy
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 11:27
Originally posted by Bunnyrunner Bunnyrunner wrote:

In a marvellous twist of irony, that link is not working... LOL 
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 12:08
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyrunner Bunnyrunner wrote:

In a marvellous twist of irony, that link is not working... LOL 

It will now. When you add a link it defaults to http:// so be careful to choose https:// if that's the reference and edit your link text.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 12:09
I can now log onto the website but they are not offering appointments anywhere down here. I will not go to Lisbon so will wait.
Albufeira Resident

Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 13:24
Same here Tom. But we have to do it by Nov 2nd, so we are going to leave it until Monday and try again.
Go away Duchatalet
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2022 at 13:42
A friend in Algoz was offered appointment in Lisbon but not till after Christmas so he will wait till new year to see what else is available 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2022 at 11:45
I have renamed this topic and moved it to Algarve Foreign Residents where it is better sat.
Now, can anyone help me? I thought I was fairly computer literate but i am now stuck on this page when trying to schedule an appointment. I can see no way to select...

Can anyone who has succeeded give me a clue?

Albufeira Resident

Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2022 at 12:31
Tick the box against your name, then the box with the arrows. It should then give you select address (certainly Lisbon) 
Then select date then time.
Then you will get email confirmation.

It was designed however to make it as difficult as possible whilst appearing simple
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2022 at 14:02
Sorry Richard I thought the box with arrows was for rescheduling an existing appointment.
I think you need to click on the box that looks vaguely like a calendar but more like a calculator and then all will be revealed.

Latest in the Portugal News at the weekend and from AFPOP was that we should not be worried about the so called window for applying. If we do not or cannot travel to Lisboa then we will be invited again later to a more local centre. The SEF also posted a powerpoint slideshow on you tube stressing that they had it coveredLOL at their 23 regional centres of which the Algarve has 4 in Lagos, Loule (both of which definitely were available for appointments until their schedule became full) and 2 at Quarteira and Faro which as far as I have read are figments of their imagination.

"You wake up a winner only you can make yourself a loser"- Declan Murphy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic