Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Residence certificate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Residence certificate
    Posted: 06/June/2021 at 11:16
Hey guys,

Short question, maybe somebody can advise about proper steps and help with this since I don't speak Portuguese (yet): I live here with proper long term lease contract, utility bills arriving, registered activity, everything reported to Finanças, in short I have all the paperwork ready. Now I need residence certificate from parish council/junta de freguesia. How do I do it? Should I just pop over there, is there waiting list or some procedure I need to finish first? There are two council locations, since I live near bullfighting ring should I go to Albufeira main office or Olhos de Água? Anyone willing to help me with this and share drink or two is welcome (I'm buying of course).

Cheers,
D
Sponsored Links

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 07:32
My recommendation is to get your solicitor involved, that's what we did seventeen years ago, and that was pre "B word" of course, when it was fairly easy.  
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 08:22
I agree. I did mine 9 years ago and it was fairly simple. Now that the rules have changed for UK citizens, best to get expert help.

Albufeira and Olhos D'Agua are now the same council.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
animallover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 09:28
If you're a British citizen I'm sure all residency is done through SEF since Brexit. My friend recently got residency by visiting junta first then went to local camara (Lagoa). She got it completed only because she is from Southern Ireland which is within EU.
dpx3001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2021 at 09:58
Thanks guys! I am not a British citizen and initially from outside EU, so I do go trough SEF in several weeks. Residence certificate I am after is not a residence permit, that happens later, this is just about junta de freguesia confirming that I live where I claim to live, after looking at my documents. I do have a solicitor in Lisbon and he advised to 'get the paper myself with possible help of Portuguese speaking local, since it is too simple task that doesn't need solicitor involvement'. Hence I was asking here if somebody knows the procedure or want to help for a drink or a fee.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2021 at 07:43
Ah, that's different. Everyone I know (British) has residencia from the old system which has been renewed and can now be renewed on line. It might not be so easy to find someone who is not EU, not British, who has recently gone through the process.

As you pay utility bills or IMI (council tax) at your address that should be sufficient to prove your address. Proving income (ie so that you don't become a burden on the state) is something else. I had to show proof I was being paid a pension from my former employers.

Good luck.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic