Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pt meo contact

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pt meo contact
    Posted: 25/August/2017 at 10:30
Just had latest bill off the above and some kind guest has subscribed to a sport channel and now costing me 20 euros a month   i need to stop this but they PT Meo do not reply to my e mails.

How can it be legal for some one other than account holder to set this up and more importantly how do I stop the payments ?
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2017 at 12:02
If you are in Albufeira, point your MEO remote control at the TV with the MEO box turned on. You can change the on screen language to English.  Use the menu to find the customer accounts section and there is the option to add or cancel subscriptions. That's how your guest did it the first place. You don't need to be the account holder as that information is embedded into the system.

Or you can go to the MEO shop in town or at Algarve Shopping with a copy of the bill.

If you cannot do either, you can set up an account on the MEO website and do it that way I think.

I am on MEO at home so will have a play. There is a parental control lock code which can be used to block access to certain channels but I have never used it.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2017 at 15:11
Thanks cubsur    so am not stuck with this for 12 months or so then ? Been on website but not speaking the lingo it is not easy to navigate   am over in Oct so will have to pay for 2 more months   the shop in Algarve Shopping are very helpful so will go there.
Wifi is good but the box is useless it came free with broadband deal so nothing lost.   Until now....
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2017 at 18:16
The minimum subscription for sports channels is 30 days. I regularly cancel my film and football channels when I am away for a few weeks.

Ok here's how to lock with a PIN for future.

Mine is in English, I have put the Portuguese equivalents in brackets.

TV on and connected to MEO box. Click the grey MENU button the the MEO remote.

The use the arrow key to the right of OK to scroll across to Settings (Definições)
With an arrow key again select Parental Control (Bloqueios e Pins)
Then Rental Control (Pin de Compras e Alugueres)
then enter a 4 digit PIN using the number keys and save with OK.

That PIN would then need to be entered to purchase a subscription channel.

To change screen language (doesn't work for every menu option)

Definiçoes
Idioma do menu
use arrow key to select language button and save and OK.

Many of the channels are broadcast in English by the way.

Hope that helps.
Albufeira Resident

Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2017 at 17:34
Many thanks for this detailed reply.   I will ask my manager to have a go at this. I particularly like the pin no facility. I should have done this myself but just not there long enough..
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2017 at 17:48
All done today by manager using Cubser's advice   many thanks
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2017 at 18:15
Good and let's hope it works.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2017 at 19:47
Should anyone want to contact MEO from the UK then phone the number is 00351 707 216200

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2018 at 14:59
My contract ends with meo in January next year, however am not likely to be back in Portugal untill March.
First question, can contract be cancelled online ?
2nd, been offered a good internet only deal from NOS 2 yrs for £22.99/ month via satellite rather than landline.

Anyone used them? , is speed enough or will it drop out, I only need internet as TV is via sat dish just picking up basic UK channels.

Thanks in advance
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2018 at 08:26
"First question, can contract be cancelled online ?"

I doubt it. It took me 6 weeks to cancel a mobile hotspot I had with NOS which included me having to send very detailed information about who I was etc etc. As is typical here if you make a mistake all you get is a letter in the post saying that the information is incomplete. Then you have to ask them what is missing and so it went on. I am pretty sure MEO will be the same, you can only ask.

I used to have NOS satellite for internet and TV but (a) my dish wore out as the LNB was affected by salt air and (b) in very heavy rain signal was lost.  I am now on MEO broadband.
Albufeira Resident

Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2018 at 12:29
Thanks Cubsur, PT MEO it is then, €38.95 / month
I was concerned that sat may not give consistent service

tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2018 at 18:25
Originally posted by Norm55 Norm55 wrote:

My contract ends with meo in January next year, however am not likely to be back in Portugal untill March.
First question, can contract be cancelled online ?
2nd, been offered a good internet only deal from NOS 2 yrs for £22.99/ month via satellite rather than landline.

Anyone used them? , is speed enough or will it drop out, I only need internet as TV is via sat dish just picking up basic UK channels.

Thanks in advance

Get a vodafone hotspot/mifi think it is 25.90 a month no contract just start and cancel as you need it.
Captain Spalding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Spalding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2019 at 07:25
Hi
My internet/cable tv contract with MEO is coming to an end in April so I’ve had a look at the options.for a new deal.
No fibre in our area so NOS satellite system as discussed in previous posts or MEO new deal..
I spoke to a pleasant young chap in the Meo shop who, in between yawns, told me that if I speak to their cancellation team they will “promise me the earth” to stay with Meo for another 2 years.
Just wondered if anyone has managed to get any deals out of Meo I can use to bargain with.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2019 at 10:46
There are as many tariffs and offers as stars in the sky.

I picked up a flier the other day. It contains these offers via a broadband connection :

MEO M40 basic 49.99 a month unlimited internet with 150 TV channels with the MEO box rental included and 3 months of Premium channels free. 1 x mobile phone card with 500 minutes of calls, 500 texts and 500Mb of internet per month. Additional cards at €12,90 a month. Also gives limited roaming in other EU countries.

For an extra 7 Euros a month you get 50 more TV channels, each month 3500 minutes of calls and 3500 texts and 1Gb internet on your phone.

There is an even higher tariff, M40 GIGA,  which adds mobile TV and Video on demand and some other stuff.

Add 23% IVA to all those costs.

I am currently on M40 basic paying an extra €23,99 plus IVA a month for the Sports Channels and €12 a month for a mobile hotspot for use when travelling. My total bill per month including IVA is €99-ish.

Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2019 at 10:49
On the last 2 occassions (2014 and 2016) that my contract ran out they wanted to put my package up from 44.99 to 54.99 - I pay for phone, internet & TV.
On both occassions I have phoned them and told them that I was not prepared to accept and increase & told them to come and remove all their equipment.
In both cases they immediately offered me another 2 years at 44.99.
My latest 2 year contract was due to expire last October but they haven't put it up this time.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic