Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with recycling points

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with recycling points
    Posted: 28/August/2021 at 08:55
The town council has issued a statement in which it outlines its discontent with the performance of the company charged with emptying the glass, paper and plastic recycling bins. I have translated the opening paragraph.

"The selective collection of waste in the municipality of Albufeira at the height of the season has been the cause of numerous complaints by residents and tourists and a huge concern for the Municipality, which is faced daily with ecopoints and ecological islands overflowing with bottles, plastics , glass and paper that is spread on the ground around the aforementioned equipment, generating unhealthy problems, a situation aggravated by the high temperatures that have been felt in recent weeks"

The article goes on to say that daily collections are now being made, plus some clean ups around the areas concerned.

In 2020 the council collected 32,000 tons of general waste, 1,335 tons of glass, 981 tons of paper and 657 tons of (plastic) packaging. They go on to say that if you see a recylcing point that needs attention, there is a way to report it at

https://smartcity.cm-albufeira.pt/portal/, "Gestão de Ocorrências",  send a photo, brief description and pin it on the map available.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2021 at 10:01
This was the case when the council ran the collections itself, always has been in August, disingenious waffle from people under pressure. 

Where we are there are two ecopoints, one has had no lid on one of the cylinders for about two years, neither has had the signage indicating what goes in what container been replaced since they were first put in place at least ten years ago. It is now unreadable, and the colours are so faded even if you know which colour represents which type of waste, you can hardly tell.     
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2021 at 10:29
Time to take a picture and report!
Albufeira Resident

laila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2022 at 06:19
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and I'm glad I found this website.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2022 at 08:28
Originally posted by laila laila wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and I'm glad I found this website.

Welcome!
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic