Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PROBLEMS ON ALGARVE LINE TRAINS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROBLEMS ON ALGARVE LINE TRAINS
    Posted: 21/August/2018 at 20:17
Word is reaching me of numerous delays and cancellations to Algarve line trains, with buses being used in some cases. I don't know whether there is any specific problem. Today (21st August) five trains between Faro and Vila Real de Santo António (three in one direction, two in the other) did not run. I do not know if a bus was provided.

There is very useful unofficial 'app' called Catch Up available on Google Play. This is taking information from the railways network control centres and presenting more or less real time  arrival and departure information on a station by station basis. I know it works on Android phones!

Utterly peculiar that the official website does not offer this detail. Of course most stations have nothing of any kind to inform the unsuspecting traveller. To anyone using or planning to use the the trains, I recommend you download this useful tool.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2018 at 22:35
Got hit today on a last minute trip to Tavira ... the 1218 from Albufeira usually goes right through .. but I was alerted at Loule that we didn`t pass the 1222 from Faro which meets the inter-city at Albufeira and picks up Lisboa passengers at Tunes .... pulled into platform 4 at Faro, 200 people got on, and it promptly left again in the opposite direction at 1300 .. as the 1222. We met the inter-city at Loule, but right behind 5 mins was another local train on the way to Faro, which doesn`t appear on any timetable. The fat controller is clearly having a breakdown ..
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic