Print Page | Close Window

Supermarkt Company in PT?

Printed From: Albufeira.com
Category: Tourism / Turismo
Forum Name: Algarve
Forum Description: Questions related to the Region... / Questões sobre o Algarve
URL: https://albufeira.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9643
Printed Date: 02/May/2024 at 20:40
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Supermarkt Company in PT?
Posted By: MyHotelBrand
Subject: Supermarkt Company in PT?
Date Posted: 18/November/2016 at 18:53
Can someone help me find Supermarket Company in PT?
I cant find any Supermarket Brands around my Hotel. Cry
THX!

Replies:
Posted By: edinjohn1
Date Posted: 18/November/2016 at 22:00
Hi there, Pingo Doce, Continente and Intermarche are the ones I'm familiar with. Smile

-------------
Johnny

Date Posted: 18/November/2016 at 22:26
OMG there is an Aldi!

Date Posted: 18/November/2016 at 23:03
Of course, forgot about that, was thinking of the Portuguese chains. There's a Lidl as well. Smile

-------------
Johnny

Date Posted: 18/November/2016 at 23:07
Thx I will visit the Makro Market: http://www.albufeira.com/forum/topic9644_post100249.html#100249

Posted By: Algarveaddick
Date Posted: 19/November/2016 at 10:36
The award for the oddest thread of 2016 goes to...

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Posted By: carolenclive
Date Posted: 19/November/2016 at 10:38
Ha HaClap

-------------
caz

Date Posted: 19/November/2016 at 12:04
Sorry I dont understand.

Posted By: cubsur
Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 11:02
And what about SPAR?

Orignal question not perhaps best worded.

Makro is not a supermarket, it is a wholesale outlet.

-------------
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve

Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 11:09
Quote And what about SPAR?
thx to far away from the Hotel.
Quote Orignal question not perhaps best worded.
English is just me 2nd Language.
Quote Makro is not a supermarket, it is a wholesale outlet.
Here its an Supermarket with Non Food. I show me Card at Checkout and thats it.

Any idea which Bus Line stops there?

Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 11:19
You have not told us which hotel you are staying at!

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Posted By: DICEYUK
Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 11:38
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Makro is not a supermarket, it is a wholesale outlet.

It's supposed to be a wholesale outlet, but just like here in the UK, everyone and his brother has a card so really anybody can, and does, shop there.
If you want a card they are not difficult to get.
We've used it a few times and in all honesty it's no cheaper than Pingo Doce etc, but it is handy if you want to buy a 10 litre can of baked beans Wink

-------------
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 11:46
Quote You have not told us which hotel you are staying at!
In the Holiday Inn
Quote It's supposed to be a wholesale outlet
do you know does the Makro have an Restaurant there? In Italy the Metro have so delicious food in the Restaurant.
Quote We've used it a few times and in all honesty it's no cheaper than Pingo Doce etc, but it is handy if you want to buy a 10 litre can of baked beans Wink
I will stay in Summer for 1Month if the Hotel and surroundings are good. That mean I need an huge Food Supply. Hote Hotel want 60€ - 70€ per Day for Food. From the Makro back to the Hotel I need an Taxi.
But how to get there by Bus?

Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 13:56
Holiday Inn? You are in Armacao do Pera then not Albufeira?

In that case, timetable is here :http://www.algarvebus.info/002e.htm

Makro is opposite Algarve shopping, so that is the stop you need. Of course the times may change before you come in the summer.

There is no restaurant there, as others have said there is little point in going all the way there, it is no cheaper than local supermarkets.

I suggest you join an Armacao do Pera forum where the visitors will be more able to help you with details.

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 14:13
Quote Holiday Inn? You are in Armacao do Pera then not Albufeira?
Yes I am happy that I found an IHG Hotel next to an Beach in Europe. Is there an Crown Plaza some km away who is my Plan B for my next Holiday Trip.
Quote In that case, timetable is here :http://www.algarvebus.info/002e.htm
The Author "forgot" to tell which Bus Line the are. Without its hard to research my own. Timetable can change (in theorie) in Days and the Website is maybe not that up to date.
Quote Makro is opposite Algarve shopping, so that is the stop you need.
There are 5 Bus lines who Stop / Depart vom my City.
13/14 29/30/31 55 (to LIS). Non of them have an Stop in the PDF at the Shopping Mall.
1) The PDF is incorrect
2) The Website is incorrect
so?
Quote as others have said there is little point in going all the way there, it is no cheaper than local supermarkets.
I know the Makro/ Metro isnt cheaper but I get a lot of "local" Products there who never sold outside. For example in Austria does an Company sell 1KG Box with Austrian Seasoning/ Herbs for Restaurant.
Quote I suggest you join an Armacao do Pera forum where the visitors will be more able to help you with details.
I could not find any but the Citys are not that faraway to get usefull infos.

Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 15:33
The Holiday Inn doesn't cater for self-catering, there are no cooking facilities in the rooms so the only option is to eat in their own restaurant or a restaurant in town. 

-------------
Johnny

Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 15:42
lol...
I dont need something special or an restaurant. I am happy with ordinary Baguettes and Salami, Dried Bacon and that stuff. I also eat Chili out of an Can.
Trust me that is not the first time in an "remote" area. When i way in Greece in Feb the Supermarket there look like an DDR or North Korean Supermarket...

So when I stay 1 Month there maybe the Hotel offer me some special offer.
Thanks to my IHG Status I get normally an nice upgrade to an great Room (depent how many rooms are available).

Date Posted: 20/November/2016 at 18:12
Clearly you are in need of help Wink
I've stayed in that Hotel when it was called Hotel Garbe.
You can buy all the stuff you need no more than 2 minutes walk from the hotel and there's a fantastic bread & cake shop just across the road.
There's also a daily indoor market just up the road and you are not far from Pingo Doce who have more Salami and Chillies than you can shake a stick at.
You do not need to go traipsing half way round the Algarve to go to Makro - they do not sell anything that Pingo Doce doesn't sell and I very much doubt if they sell Austrian Seasoning/ Herbs - there are not many Austrians in the Algarve unless of course you count all those idiots who walk along the beach with ski poles when it's 90 degrees in August.
Save yourself the bother of taking buses and taxis to Makro or anywhere else because it will be a waste of time, money & effort.
And by the way, Armação de Pêra is not "remote".
In fact it's a decent sized town and if you're going in July or August then you'll find the place is absolutely rammed.
Oh, and two other things -
1. The bus timetables in The Algarve are accurate and they haven't changed in 20 years so they're unlikely to change anytime soon
2. This is not Greece, this is Portugal and they don't have anything that looks like a N Korean supermarket.

-------------
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Date Posted: 21/November/2016 at 07:56
The timetable clearly shows "Algarve Shopping", but as we keep telling you, DON'T BOTHER! Buses have no numbers, if you must, go to the stop at the appropriate time and catch the bus with the final destination written on the front.

Here is a link I found in 15 seconds to an Armacao forum: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g189113-i1466-Armacao_de_Pera_Faro_District_Algarve.html

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Posted By: gerry
Date Posted: 21/November/2016 at 10:49
Look out Armacao de Pera here comes "the last of the Big  spenders"

Posted By: tonisdad
Date Posted: 21/November/2016 at 11:59
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

there are not many Austrians in the Algarve unless of course you count all those idiots who walk along the beach with ski poles when it's 90 degrees in August.

LOL LOL  I`m crying  laughing at that one I thought it was only us who thought that.

I think somebody is taking the p**s on this thread...but actually it is quite entertaining.

Date Posted: 21/November/2016 at 12:00
Originally posted by gerry gerry wrote:

Look out Armacao de Pera here comes "the last of the Big  spenders"

LOL

Date Posted: 21/November/2016 at 14:56
Quote You do not need to go traipsing half way round the Algarve to go to Makro - they do not sell anything that Pingo Doce doesn't sell and I very much doubt if they sell Austrian Seasoning/ Herbs - there are not many Austrians in the Algarve unless of course you count all those idiots who walk along the beach with ski poles when it's 90 degrees in August.
I mean the Makro/ Metro offer normaly "local" Products in big portions site without wasting space.
Quote The timetable clearly shows "Algarve Shopping", but as we keep telling you, DON'T BOTHER! Buses have no numbers, if you must, go to the stop at the appropriate time and catch the bus with the final destination written on the front.
ok I look on the EVA PDF: http://eva-bus.com/horarios.php
and non of them shows the Stop.
Quote Here is a link I found in 15 seconds to an Armacao forum
lol its "tripadvisor" who have worst Website ever.

Quote I've stayed in that Hotel when it was called Hotel Garbe.
Can you tell me something about the Hotel?

Posted By: cubsur
Date Posted: 21/November/2016 at 18:26
"ok I look on the EVA PDF: http://eva-bus.com/horarios.php
and non of them shows the Stop."

I can assure you that all the Transrápido and Algarve Littoral buses from Armação de Pêra towards Albufeira and Faro stop at Algarve Shopping within 1 minute of the time at GUIA, as do the very infrequent buses between Armação de Pêra and Albufeira via Guia. 

The downloadable timetables on the EVA website do not show all stopping places. On their timetable search they do not even list that stop! That is probably the reason why almost no-one uses a bus to get there.

And since there is that large supermarkett of Pingo Doce brand 10 minutes walk from Holiday inn and a smaller Intermarché store about 5 minutes walk, there is no need at all to make the trip unless you wish spend some hours in the shopping centre.

With respect this is not the place to ask about an hotel in Armação de Pêra, which is a completely different town about 15km from Albufeira.

There are 800 reviews, the most recent from last week, at  http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189113-d259497-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Algarve-Armacao_de_Pera_Faro_District_Algarve.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189113-d259497-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Algarve-Armacao_de_Pera_Faro_District_Algarve.html

-------------
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve

Date Posted: 21/November/2016 at 18:32
Quote The downloadable timetables on the EVA website do not show all stopping places.
Thats the worst Public Transport System ever...
Quote On their timetable search they do not even list that stop!
How about onboard the Bus? How i know to get off? and how I can find the Bus stup return?!
Quote which is a completely different town about 15km from Albufeira.
haha just 15km... Sorry thats the only Forum I could find for the hole Area.

Sorry local supermarkets dont offer that large size products like the Makro does.

Date Posted: 21/November/2016 at 19:13
Mind the entertainment is starting to get a bit boring now.
Repetition normally a sign of low intelligence.

Date Posted: 22/November/2016 at 08:59
Yes - odd how some people get their kicks? Perhaps s/he's Makro's PR person?

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Date Posted: 22/November/2016 at 23:56
MyHotelBrand - you have come on here and asked us for advice.
Based on our own experiences, we have given you honest and accurate answers to your questions and provided you with all the information that you need to make your visit easy, cost effective and enjoyable.
You can either follow the advice that we have given, noting that we are all in complete agreement as to what that advice is, or you can ignore everything we've said.
That appears to be your preference but that is your choice.
We have tried to help you the best we can and we can do no more.
We had the same palaver a few weeks back when you were trying to book a flight and then get a train/bus to Lisbon.
You appear to be making the arrangements for your holiday as complicated and difficult as possible.
What I would personally suggest is that you are probably not suited to a holiday in the Algarve as the transport and shopping facilities here obviously do not meet your expectations.
There are millions of visitors every year who simply get on a plane and fly to Faro, get a transfer to their hotel and then spend the next 2 weeks enjoying themselves.
It seems to work for most people who do not spend weeks & months trying to over-complicate what is a fairy simple exercise.
I bet you've even got a spreadsheet for it.
Therefore, you may have a more enjoyable time, if indeed that is your objective, having your holiday somewhere else that is easier to organize.
If I were you I'd get a cheap Easyjet flight from Vienna to any destination where there is a hotel right next door to a Makro.

-------------

Posted By: sidsmum
Date Posted: 23/November/2016 at 08:14
That'll be lost in translation me thinks!!!!

Date Posted: 23/November/2016 at 09:11

Based on our own experiences, we have given you honest and accurate answers to your questions and provided you with all the information that you need to make your visit easy, cost effective and enjoyable.
You can either follow the advice that we have given, noting that we are all in complete agreement as to what that advice is, or you can ignore everything we've said.
We had the same palaver a few weeks back when you were trying to book a flight and then get a train/bus to Lisbon.
You appear to be making the arrangements for your holiday as complicated and difficult as possible.
What I would personally suggest is that you are probably not suited to a holiday in the Algarve as the transport and shopping facilities here obviously do not meet your expectations.
There are millions of visitors every year who simply get on a plane and fly to Faro, get a transfer to their hotel and then spend the next 2 weeks enjoying themselves.
It seems to work for most people who do not spend weeks & months trying to over-complicate what is a fairy simple exercise.
Therefore, you may have a more enjoyable time, if indeed that is your objective, having your holiday somewhere else that is easier to organize.
If I were you I'd get a cheap Easyjet flight from Vienna to any destination where there is a hotel right next door to a Makro.

Probably the best thing anyone has ever posted on here. Certainly the best thing you have ever posted, David...

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Posted By: gerry
Date Posted: 23/November/2016 at 09:55

Well said

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk