Forum Description: Meeting Point / Ponto de Encontro
URL: https://albufeira.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12035
Printed Date: 28/March/2024 at 21:23
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: MEO upgrade
Posted By: cubsur
Subject: MEO upgrade
Date Posted: 09/December/2021 at 18:27
A few weeks ago I switched electricity from EDP to MEO Energy. An immediate reward was more Gb for downloads on my MEO mobile.

A few days ago I received an email from MEO saying that as a thank you for joining MEO Energy they would double the speed of my internet at home. Tested yesterday, lo and behold I have 500Mbps coming out of my fibres.

-------------
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve

Replies:
Posted By: Jock
Date Posted: 09/December/2021 at 21:30
Very impressive. I think I'm doing well to get 109 mbps on fibre.

-------------
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams

Date Posted: 10/December/2021 at 08:58
Speeds do differ according to what I am using. On  my new notebook it's up around 500mbps, on the older desktop around 200Mbps.

-------------
Albufeira Resident

Posted By: Norm55
Date Posted: 25/June/2022 at 21:52
Called onto albufeira shop and given a deal of 35.99 per month. Lo and behold i now havemMeo care added to my direct debit. 6.99 per month. I did nit ask for this Anyone have a contact e mail for them ?

Date Posted: 26/June/2022 at 09:39
Best go back to the shop. They don't answer emails. But I suspect it's a non refundable insurance policy you signed 'by mistake'.

-------------
Albufeira Resident

Date Posted: 26/June/2022 at 10:01
Thanks for reply, i live in UK. I did not sign anything, have had contract with them for 3 years, i asked for reduction in price. After long conversation with his " manager " i got it reduced, i asked for contract, told it was not necessar. They tried to sell me health care package, i refused. Again i signed nothing.

Posted By: dpx3001
Date Posted: 26/June/2022 at 10:18
Yeah they are pretty aggressive with pushing additional expenses. My wife took MEO contract about month ago and they tried paddling all kinds of additional fees. I remember at least three tries in 2 minutes,, including MEO care and screen insurance and what not. Otherwise great service but upselling tricks are not appreciated. I always refuse everything additional same as with worten devices. If anything breaks it is always cheaper to just throw it away than to pay additional fees.

Date Posted: 29/June/2022 at 16:58
But i did refuse everything, signed nothing   so how can this be legal? I wont be over till October. Cant log into site to create an account as i need Portuguese tel number. They dont reply to e mails and shop has no direct number.
Any options ?

Date Posted: 29/June/2022 at 22:40
Last time I wanted to ask something they replied to email sent to adesaolojaonline@meo.pt
I have no idea if it is MEO Tv or mobile related but they should be able to at least direct to to some other email.

Date Posted: 29/June/2022 at 22:47
Originally posted by dpx3001 dpx3001 wrote:

Last time I wanted to ask something they replied to email sent to adesaolojaonline@meo.pt
I have no idea if it is MEO Tv or mobile related but they should be able to at least direct to to some other email.

Thanks will try that

Date Posted: 01/July/2022 at 09:48
They cannot help. I need to log into my meo. Did this but need to confirm meo phone number to recive sms confirmation. I dont have a meo phone ! Its hopeless. My friend over there went in yesterday but they would not do anything as she was not account holder.   Its not the money, its the principle that having signed nothing i am being robbed of 6.99 € a month
I rang the dedicated hotlines but all options are Portuguese ( obviously ) having pressed each option the phone went dead.   
Am pretty much pi***ed off

Posted By: AJSUGGY
Date Posted: 02/July/2022 at 07:23
Do you know the Head Office address, if so send a letter addressed to the CEO explaining your grievances, to see what he has to say. That's if you get a reply. 

-------------
suggy

Date Posted: 02/July/2022 at 08:33
The head office address is on your bill

MEO - Serviços de Comunicações e Multimédia, S.A. · Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, 40 1069-300 Lisboa - Portugal

-------------
Albufeira Resident

Date Posted: 18/July/2022 at 08:24
They have refunded me ! An e mail confirming cancelation of the MEO care plan. Thank you for all advice above

Date Posted: 18/July/2022 at 08:36
From any angle you are now... carefree!  Clown

Posted By: Skiddy
Date Posted: 23/July/2022 at 16:33
Norm55..how much do you pay a month now ? Compared to before with care plan ? Just asking because we have been with 'meo now for about 6yrs and was paying €44 a month, after reading about what happened to you & checked ours, only to find its jumped up to €57.49 a month 🥺 what are you paying a month now? If you don't mind me asking...

Date Posted: 23/July/2022 at 16:34
If you don't mind me asking

Date Posted: 23/July/2022 at 16:35
Sorry " me

Date Posted: 24/July/2022 at 09:15
My most recent monthly bill from MEO was just shy of €59 (incl VAT) which includes

Internet 500Mb per sec unlimited, TV incl box, landline, mobile and 3Gb per month mobile internet. TV fillm channels I pay €10 extra for. Discount of €1,50 for electronic billing only.

-------------
Albufeira Resident

Date Posted: 24/July/2022 at 12:44
Must say that's sounds a good deal,ours just includes landline & TV.. maybe worth us seeing if we can get a better deal or go with someone else, cheers cubsur..

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk