Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pre-season friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonzalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/July/2019 at 23:59
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

One could be on the 3G pitch?

3G?!Wink
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2019 at 09:30
3G = English term for synthetic grass.  Albufeira's junior and youth teams use the synthetic grass pitch next to the main stadium.

Maritimo vs Lille?

There is no way on this earth teams of that stature would play on our second pitch unless behind closed doors. There are no spectator seats and only one toilet. It is basically a training pitch. I can find no mention of this match at either club's official website.

There is also Sunderland v Benfica B on Thursday 18 July, also at Albufeira Stadium, ko 1930hrs. Tickets for both their games are likely to be €10 adults, €5 juniors and seniors.

Saturday's match between Portimonense and Braga is still shown on the Portimonense website as 'venue to be decided´ while the Braga website says it is in Portimão, ko 1930hrs.

On Tuesday 16th Braga will meet Al Duhail SC (Qatar) also at Portimão ko time not shown. The same day (?) they play Millwall behind closed doors at Quinta do Lago. According to the Braga website, on  Friday the 19th and again on the same day their website says some of them play Maritimo at Lagoa while the rest play Lille in Albufeira. No kickoff times listed.

My contact who organises a lot of these pre season games told me he has never had so much trouble as this year. Many teams won't agree to anything and there have been problems with some of the pitches not being ready.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2019 at 09:38
Still no ticket information for Fulham v Porto next Tuesday night.
Albufeira Resident

gonzalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonzalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2019 at 10:59
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

3G = English term for synthetic grass.  Albufeira's junior and youth teams use the synthetic grass pitch next to the main stadium.

Maritimo vs Lille?

There is no way on this earth teams of that stature would play on our second pitch unless behind closed doors. There are no spectator seats and only one toilet. It is basically a training pitch. I can find no mention of this match at either club's official website.

There is also Sunderland v Benfica B on Thursday 18 July, also at Albufeira Stadium, ko 1930hrs. Tickets for both their games are likely to be €10 adults, €5 juniors and seniors.

Saturday's match between Portimonense and Braga is still shown on the Portimonense website as 'venue to be decided´ while the Braga website says it is in Portimão, ko 1930hrs.

On Tuesday 16th Braga will meet Al Duhail SC (Qatar) also at Portimão ko time not shown. The same day (?) they play Millwall behind closed doors at Quinta do Lago. According to the Braga website, on  Friday the 19th and again on the same day their website says some of them play Maritimo at Lagoa while the rest play Lille in Albufeira. No kickoff times listed.

My contact who organises a lot of these pre season games told me he has never had so much trouble as this year. Many teams won't agree to anything and there have been problems with some of the pitches not being ready.

Yes, not possible to play on the other field. Ridiculous situation, 2 importante matches on the same place at same hour..

portimonense vs braga - behind closed doors.

braga vs al duhail i don´t have information yet..

Please inform us if your contact give you more feedback.

Regards

gonzalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonzalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2019 at 14:14
Maritimo vs Lille will be on Estadio da Nora in Ferreiras, near Albufeira
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2019 at 07:57
Originally posted by gonzalo gonzalo wrote:

Makes sense! Ko is at 2000hrs apparently, Saturday 20th.

My contact said that some clubs didn't want pre season games advertised to the general public. Some of the English teams arranged trips for fans, who they thought would take up all the places at a small stadium like Ferreiras.
Albufeira Resident

gonzalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonzalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2019 at 10:47

My contact said that some clubs didn't want pre season games advertised to the general public. Some of the English teams arranged trips for fans, who they thought would take up all the places at a small stadium like Ferreiras.

Like Sunderland that are selling tickets to their matches here. But it´s impossible to have 100% attendance even at Ferreiras just with the people from the trip. 

And it´s unfair to the supporters living here.

Yesterday i saw Birmingham playing on Estadio do Bonfim, against Cova da Piedade.

About 100 supporters.

gonzalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonzalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2019 at 13:22
BRAGA - AL-DUHAIL canceled.

I hope, in this case, BRAGA change the venue of the match against millwall, so the supporters can watch it.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2019 at 15:38

Heaven forbid tourists should be entertained and the clubs make some money out of it... Where would it all end?  
Go away Duchatalet
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2019 at 17:19
Gonzalo, don’t take this the wrong way but... “I hope, in this case, BRAGA change the venue of the match against millwall, so the supporters can watch it.”
Are you sure? You really hope for that? LOL! 😂😉😂😉
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2019 at 17:32
Slightly off topic, apologies, but having said I liked Rochdale’s pink kit, and Force India’s pink F1 car last year...
I was chuffed to see my teams new goalkeeper kit! Very fetching!

Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2019 at 08:27
I look forward to seeing you wearing it!

An issue at pre season matches here is security. There were no police present at Ferreiras last Tuesday, which surprised me. There were a lot more people there than Ferreiras FC normally receive for their home matches, which have to be controlled by a minimum of three armed police.

It seems that if a match is listed as 'training match' the police do not have to be notified.

Braga v Millwall is still shown on their website as at Quinta do Lago with no kickoff time listed. Portimonense v Braga this evening is at 1900hrs, admission free.
Albufeira Resident

Rphrph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rphrph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2019 at 08:27
Does anyone know where fleetwoods game today is being played and at what time a and against whom . Thanks
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2019 at 08:35
There is no mention of it on their website so if they won't tell us...

All I can find is that they are either playing in Albufeira Municipal Stadium tonight "against a Sky Bet Championship side.." or it might be at Brown's Sports Club in Vilamoura this afternoon. Conflicting information!

I wonder if the opponents might be Millwall, who arrived here yesterday. But there is no mention of any actual games on Millwall's website.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2019 at 10:00
Tomorrow night, Monday 15th, Portimonense v Maritimo ko 1900hrs at Albufeira stadium
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic