Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Postponed trip, quieter places in August?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonsonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Postponed trip, quieter places in August?
    Posted: 15/April/2020 at 17:55
Postponed my usual early May trip to Albufeira, it’s now planned for August. I usually avoid August as in the past it’s been much too busy for me and my wife, but this was the only time we could rearrange.

Can anyone suggest some places that might be quieter for a visit in August? We like local restaurants, a bit of history, some nature, we’re not laze by the pool or on the beach all day types, but we do like an afternoon cool off. Can anyone suggest somewhere that could keep us happy for a week or so
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2020 at 08:15
Few, if any, places in the Algarve are particularly quiet during August. My thought is that some of the towns east of Faro might be worth a look, places like Olhão or Tavira. Neither actually has a beach - take a close look at a map. You cross by little ferries to the islands to sit on the sand. Further east than that are Altura, Monte Gordo etc.

Bear in mind that this forum is about Albufeira. If you want further advice about other places, seek out their forums or go to somewhere like Trip Advisor.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
JonsonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonsonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2020 at 17:04
Hi Cubsur, I'm aware this is an Albufeira forum. I usually visit Albufeira at this time of year and was hoping some members that know Albufeira might be able to share similar places that they've also enjoyed! But certainly seems even the Albufeira forum is quiet right now! I'll have a look at those places. Thanks a lot!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic