Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On the buses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On the buses
    Posted: 16/May/2018 at 12:45
What a joke they are.
Went into Town this morning at 10. Bus was already packed when it got to our stop. It was stiffling inside, there was no windows to open, there was no air con and the vent in the roof was shut tight. More people got on in Olhos so by now it was rammed with people having to stand.
This made it even hotter.
Came back just after 11 from outside Modelo. Several people looking for timetables for the Giro and local Eva services.
The Giro timetable on the post has been ripped in half and is totally useless. There are 2 Faro timetables stuck behind a bit of perspex at the back of the shelter and one of those has slipped down and half covers the other. And they have been like that for a long while.
The bus arives and just 2 stops from the bus station, and with only one person aleady on board, the guy has no change.
So for my fare of 6.70 I give the guy 10.70 and he gives me 6 back. I question this but he's not having it.
Eventually we commence our journey - same bus as before now even hotter inside but a different driver.
Apart from us are are now 5 other people on board.
Four get off in Olhos and the remaining passenger rings the bell to get off 2 stops further down the road.
The dozy driver, who is constantly fiddling with his ticket machine and destination board whilst driving ignores the bell and drives straight past the stop.
Passenger, who is not at all happy, then has to get off at the next stop a good distance down the road and has to walk back to where she wanted to be.
Laughable.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 13:05
Complain to EVA the bus operator for what good it might do. They are required by law to have a complaints book and you can write your complaint in any language you wish. Trouble is they are based in Faro.

Or you can email them clientes@eva-bus.com but don't expect an answer.

As for GIRO, there is no official timetable. All it says is 'every 30 minutes except Saturdays after 1400 and Sundays every 60 minutes'. How they carry nearly a million passengers a year is beyond me.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 13:36
Yes I know the Giro sticker is more of a route map than a timetable but when it's only showing one route out of the 4 then it's pretty useless, unless of course you want to use the one route that's left.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 13:39
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Complain to EVA the bus operator for what good it might do. They are required by law to have a complaints book and you can write your complaint in any language you wish. Trouble is they are based in Faro.

It's probably either full or has been lost.
Still at least I got the fare for 2 euro less than normal
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2018 at 06:50
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2018 at 09:05
Very interesting. I wonder if there will be a spec for service levels or will a bus every two or three hours eg Albufeira - Vilamoura at weekends still be considered sufficient? All the issues mentioned in that article are relevant and have been vexing people for years. But if there are not enough buses or trains to make the service attractive and useful they become academic.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic