Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old town today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2021 at 11:37
Thanks.  How can any business survive this?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2021 at 08:59
Some have not and I dare say many more will not. I did spot that one or two places were brushing themselves down as it were in the hope that tourists might come in a month or so when flights resume, but the signs are not good.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2021 at 16:30
Going by how the British government have handled the pandemic so far the UK may be in another lockdown by then.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2021 at 09:11
As I said elsewhere, if this virus is that dangerous, everything should remain closed including schools, shops, factories and offices and all travel prohibited until the last case is cleared. Even if it takes five years.

The regular announcement is expected this evening concerning what restrictions will apply here in Albufeira for the rest of the month. We already know that the state of emergency will run until at least May 3rd.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2021 at 11:50
There are always pressures on governments from commercial interests to ease restrictions early.  This is understandable.  The UK Govt. is very susceptible to those pressures.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2021 at 09:49
 No easing of restrictions here within yesterday's announcement, so nothing will be open at weekends (in effect) for another two weeks.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2021 at 10:51
There's a new bit of art down on the Cais Herculano, under the old fishermens shelter. Thanks to Bob D for bringing it to my attention. There's nothing to see yet about who made it etc. It's in shadow, sorry, a fisherman in a boat with his net being dragged into the boast.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2021 at 10:55
I like the public art around Albufeira.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2021 at 10:51
I think Friday's announcement that restaurants could open over the weekened caught a lot unprepared! I noticed that Aquario and Casa Nova were open and reasonably busy, also that expensive place next to Inatel, but nothing much else. Geordie Viking bar and Tunes were open.

The work by the pier is almost done and the hole filled in.

Also finished is the new storm drain under the road outside Inatel. Road open and traffic flowing as normal.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2021 at 09:27
Still very quiet in town yesteday for the simple reason that (officially) there are no tourists therefore no customers.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2021 at 09:54
oh my, hopefully not much longer
my beautiful portugal
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2021 at 12:01
I think from 17th there will be an influx of brits , if the increase in prices are anything to go by 🤔 this will be a better year I think .
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2021 at 12:46
I hope it will be a decent summer but listening to Kiss FM this morning the cost of the tests will be more than the holiday
Without cheap tests I fear it wont be as busy as the bars/restaurants would like
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2021 at 17:26
The old town was a little busier today than it has been, but I was slightly surprised by the number of places that were not open. For example, in the square only Sir Harry's, Vertigo and Tic Tac were open. Down at the front several were still closed and the same around town generally. I have been told by a couple of people that work down there that they plan to open at the bergining of June.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic