Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old town today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2021 at 14:11
Almost completely deserted Sunday lunchtime.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2021 at 15:15
I would happily pay E15 per day for a pair of sunbeds to my friend at Praia Azul, who has been there for years... if only I could get there!! 😞
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2021 at 15:47
Traffic of all sorts including a taxi was driving around as it would have been 20 years or more ago!

Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2021 at 19:22
Yes, and don't forget the fresh vegetable and fruit stalls that where their then. 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2021 at 13:29
The traffic through the square is on an official diversion so that cars can get out of the car park. I didn't see the signs the other day. The usual way is blocked by the drainage works. Central Station have builders in, big time.

I remember the market stalls from my first visit in around 1985.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 19:03
Rua 5 e Outubro today

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2021 at 15:24

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2021 at 16:09
Completely deserted at lnchtime today. Nothing open and no sign of any of the tourist places intending to be open any time soon. Which is hardly surprising.

This cat was able to stretch out on a path, as cats do,  so that I had walk around it.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2021 at 16:31
How sad for the owners of businesses
my beautiful portugal
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2021 at 18:03
Going by the claws on the cat it was a good job you did.whew
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2021 at 22:57
Awful, that is so sad to see, ! I hope there can be some hope with the vaccines
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2021 at 09:51
What happens here is almost irrelevant if people from other countries cannot travel because of what their governments say about how dangerous the Algarve is, with 0.2% of the local population currently infected.

Vaccination here is expected to be completed for 70% of the population by September. I have yet to be offered mine, while those of a similar age I know in UK have all been done.

My upstairs neighbour who works at a restaurant whose main business is tourists does not expect to be back at work until mid-May at the earliest.

Zoomarine water park and marine zoo plans to re-open 19th May.
Albufeira Resident

Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2021 at 10:23
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

What happens here is almost irrelevant if people from other countries cannot travel because of what their governments say about how dangerous the Algarve is, with 0.2% of the local population currently infected.

Vaccination here is expected to be completed for 70% of the population by September. I have yet to be offered mine, while those of a similar age I know in UK have all been done.

My upstairs neighbour who works at a restaurant whose main business is tourists does not expect to be back at work until mid-May at the earliest.

Zoomarine water park and marine zoo plans to re-open 19th May.
Here in Ireland by end of June 80% of adults will have have had a first dose and 55% completed with a second dose.
Vaccine availability wise (in the second quarter, April, May, June, availability is expected to hugely ramp up) there's no reason why the rest of Europe won't be the roughly same. The only variable really is the gap between first and second doses, here we're largely sticking with the 3/4 weeks, the UK has gone with 12 weeks which seems to have worked out quite well, that's a choice each country makes for themselves, but can seriously effect the apparent headline % "vaccinated" figure.

That said a 70% figure by the end of September is low no matter what way you cut it.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2021 at 11:55
Vaccines are great but useless until they are put in an arm.  With open borders all EU countries must be as fully vaccinated as possible, otherwise the infection will just leak from one to another.  I used to have great faith in Germany as a well run technocratic country. However,  it's federal structure means that each of the Bundesländer decide on vaccination policy and they are making a pigs ear of it.  I'm sorry to see what's happening there.  If Deutchland can't get it right who can? 
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2021 at 16:28
Fairly empty still today. None of the tourist restaurants and bars were open except Casa Nova. The various pastelarias and cafés were open, but few customers. Daimler's has the builders in. One or two other places looked like they might be stirring but the majority are not.

The square seems to have turned back into a car park.

A lot of the souvenir shops along the Avenida da Liberdade were open.

But not the eateries except for the coffee shops.

This is the new bit at the back of Sir Harry's, a hostel if I recall correctly but nothing to say so.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic