Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oceanville
    Posted: 27/January/2010 at 13:57

Hi Guys,

Just after on any recent news on when Oceanville is due to open. I had a walk around at New Year, it is a lovely place but completly deserted. It is so easy to walk around no security fences, guards, guard dogs etc, we walked through the centre of it looked around both pools and playgrounds,it is immaculate. It did get me thinking, if there was something like that left unattended in the UK, imagine what state it would be in, windows smashed, buildings set on fire, shopping trolleys and rubbish in the pools, the place would be vandalised to bits ! I digress any updates greatly appreciated. 
ownersdirect P3708
Sponsored Links

Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2010 at 21:19
Hi John,
Yes, place is being kept immaculate, plenty of grounds men making sure of it.  So someone is spending money on it.  I've money invested in this project, so maybe place will come good one day......  I've been told that the camara have appointed a specific individual to work with the developer to help obtain licences.  Owners are still using their apartments.  Any one else heard anything....
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2010 at 13:22
I have not seen any lights on in any apartments. I walk past at night four or five times a week. If owners are using their apartments they are doing so very stealthily.

The grounds are indeed being maintained but I wonder if the insides of the apartments are starting to deteriorate through lack of use?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/February/2010 at 16:09
Even the street lights there were switched off last night.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2010 at 10:47
Oceanville still shuttered and empty. I wonder how much money has been lost/wasted on this venture and whether those who bought properties hold out any hope of ever being able to use them.

It must be almost two years now since it was shut down.

Anyone know anything new?
Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2010 at 11:00
But still they continue to build elsewhere.... muppets.
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2010 at 13:18
Thanks cubsur, yes still all closed up!
No point in even saying at this stage why....they just feed us a pack of lies...i take what we're told with a pince of salt.  hubby reckons we will never see our money!
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2010 at 21:56
Good god! We put our savings into a second home in albufeira and funded the difference with a mortgage, luckily for us it has worked out very well. However, if we'd have bought in oceanville (and we were approoached by, I think MRI at the time, though I may be wrong) we'd have probably been in financial trouble by now!! The place does look well kept and would it not be in the camara's interest to pass the habitation licence and start to get money from the owners as opposed to nothing?
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2010 at 23:06
Avril I am sure Perry will have a comment to make about your latter comment. I too think its stupid and agree with you, but thats the Portuguese beaurocracy (spelling) for you. I just feel so sorry for folks who have invested their hard earned money into this project only to see it go belly up.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2010 at 08:52
You know me so well Poli LOL...

You are right Avril of course, that would be the sensible thing to do, but I think somewhere along the line the developers stopped scratching the right backs, and suddenly their project became a problem. They probably already made enough money to cover their expenses on the project, so they are in no hurry to make it up with whoever they have upset, because that would mean someone admitting they were at fault, and anyone who knows the Portuguese knows that just isn't going to happen... 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2010 at 18:26
Went for a walk this afternoon. Included Oceanville in my itinerary. Creepy. Sprinklers are sprinkling, grass is being cut. Not a souls to be seen at 4pm, no security, no nothing. The site seems to be in good order generally but a close inspection reveals that, literally in some cases, the cracks are starting to show.

Albufeira Resident

Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2010 at 21:53
thanks cubsur for the post on oceanville! appreciate that as hearing any news about the place is becoming less and less....
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2010 at 13:46

If Cubby says there are cracks beginning to show, maybe that is why it was not granted a habitation license, maybe it is actually not built to a satisfactory standard and not safe!

Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2010 at 16:26
you just wouldn't know avril what's going on at all! what a saga.... :)
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2010 at 22:08
How stressful it must be Jocelyn, are you no nearer finding out what the prognosis is (god it sounds like a disease but couldn't think of the appropiate word, must be this vinho branco Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic