Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2024 at 08:15
That's interesting to hear that the refurbished apartments will be on sale, but how many will be snapped up by holiday rental corporationsI wonder? Whatever, the price will be way beyond the means of the ordinary working people.

There still remains the hotel block and the apartments on the other side of the road.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
dela1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dela1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2024 at 08:23
Hi 
I guess we will have to wait and see what the starting prices will be and what if any concession he will give to previous buyers .
I believe the next block of apartments are being refurbished in October with a 6 months timeline , i know this because my apartment is on that block . Nothing yet on the Hotel .
I will keep everyone here posted come Sept/Oct.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2024 at 15:14
It has been a few weeks away. I took a quick look around Oceanville on Sunday 19th Augusts. Still no sign of anything being ready for the tourists, although the part of the site being restored is generally clean and tidy. Some of the tall hedges out the back have been trimmed.

The view down to the old town area. The long row of buildings in the foreground is the Avenida da Liberdade area.

Looking east

The hotel is still untouched.

If you want one, this business is open located between the hotel and townhouses at the back of the site. You can find them on Facebook.

I don't what future visitors are going to think about the large area that is not being refurbished.

But the areas to be occupied are nice enough, if looking somewhat sterile at the moment.

The basketball / handball court has been cleared of 15 years of weeds.

The large pool is undergoing a rebuild.

Now for some sign of occupation!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2024 at 18:50
The completed parts look fairly nice. Workmen were busy today cleaning the perimiter walls and making a right mess!

Albufeira Resident

JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2024 at 00:09
when we were there we could see men working on the pool. It looks so much nicer now, hope they paint over the graffiti which is an eyesore around the area sadly 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2024 at 08:00
That seems to be what's going on now. I will take a closer look in a day or two. No signs of activity across the rest of the site.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2024 at 08:09
Yesterday afternoon a small crew was jet washing and repainting the low perimeter wall and the fence. I should imagine the grafitti is on the list to be done. The pool was clean and looked full. Plenty of attention to details, but when is it going to be open for happy holidaymakers?
Albufeira Resident

Pedropete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedropete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2024 at 16:33
We were over in September & finally got a reply regarding Ocean Ville from our lawyer. She has spoken to the new developers & has given us the following news:

spoke with Francisco Baptista and he said that the development is now owned by a fund called Discovery; they have nothing to do with Sesimbra who went bankrupt as you know.

They said that the ideia is to sell the aartments but they are touristic and the owners are forced to rent trough them only; they are trying that the Hilton grou take the exploitation of the Hotel (Plot 3 

They don’t have an ideia of the prices yet; nothing will be decided before the end of the year 2024.

They are now painting, cleaning, etc, to prepare the operation.

They will not considerer or deduct the amount of the initail deposits paid on the promissory contract (around 40.000 Euros for each property), but they are sensitive to the ideia of making a discount on the purchase price  if your offer is good enough regarding the asked price. The price agreed with Sesimbra  in 2007 for Oceanvile  was around 135.000 Euros for a 1 bedroom apartment; we are now in 2024/25 and the price will be much higher, acording to the actual market.

So, he couldn’t say more at this stage, and I asked him as soon as he has more news, to call or email me, so then I can inform you and you can decide.

It looks like we will not be getting anything back as part of the creditors list as larger debts are paid 1st & we as owners are only small fry. If anyone has any other news or any ideas where owners can go from here your shared news would be appreciated

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 11 minutes ago at 07:49
Based on the value of my much older property nearby in Páteo 17 years ago and what it could fetch now, I would estimate the cost of the 1 bed apartments in the refurbished buildings will be in the region of 270,000 €. Not to mention annual condominium charges on top. All those landscaped grounds, the pool, the handball and basketball court and playground are going to take some looking after. A somewhat expensive purchase for sure. Not something most locals can anywhere near afford. Which begs the question of from where are they going to get the staff to maintain the place?
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic