Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice restoration
    Posted: 19/April/2021 at 10:47
I haven't really noticed this before, but this old house in Rua J P Samora, up on the old town hill, has been very nicely restored.

A bit further along, this old doorway through the castle wall has been uncovered. Above it atop the wall is the Royal Thai Orchid restaurant.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2022 at 11:03
Another building now being repaired and restored is the big one opposite Tunes bar. I did not see any sign of what it is to be used for.

Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2022 at 14:05
Its the one next to it is also being worked on as well, because the other day whilst looking at the webcam there was a workman climbing on its roof and clearing some debris away. Any ideas Cubsur.
suggy
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2022 at 09:35
This was bought about five years ago ... looking from the beach the roof was propped up at the back ... possibly another bar... or b&b ... one thing that always interested me is that the gate at the left hand side is actually a tiny street ..
Pyrman
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2022 at 14:23
Never Noticed that before, just looked on google map in 3D and it shows up.
suggy
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2022 at 18:50
I did get a peep through the gate a few months ago and there was a car parked there. I have never seen them open though. If I remember on Saturday I will try to get a closer look at both. I remember that through the doors of the left hand building there was a very grand staircase to be seen.

None of the pictures albums I have shed any light as to their former purpose. Perhaps I shall find out.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic