Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/January/2016 at 20:28
Digger man was playing in the site quite a bit recently, however, it's hard to tell what he has done.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2016 at 07:00
I am told that most of the new properties above the marina are sold,so the bank is going to carry on with the development.No movement on the part built hotel though.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2016 at 11:25
Well whatever is going on let's hope it doesn't end up another disaster like Oceanville or the several half built ruins up in Sesmarias and São Rafael.

I shall keep watch.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2016 at 13:10
Interesting stuff
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2016 at 15:01
Please see https://cubsur51.wordpress.com/2016/02/22/albufeira-marina-on-a-sunny-february-day/

A few pictures from yesterday via that link. Take a look please.

Questions : it can now be seen that some kind of drainage or sewer line is or was being built behind the great wall. But the manhole openings are about 6 feet above current ground level. Why? (Only one excavator thing now on site, no signs of any other activity.)

And what sort of fish are they?
Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2016 at 19:08
Nice pics, looked a lovely day. Weve always wondered what type of fish they are too as we often feed this type when visiting Villa Real Santo Antonio.
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2016 at 19:33
A www great photos, so many lovely memories of lazy days.
my beautiful portugal
nazza1968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nazza1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2016 at 10:16
I'm told by a friend that the fish are a type of Grey Mullett
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2016 at 11:09
Look mullety to me now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flathead_grey_mullet

They are edible but I am not sure I would wish to eat one that had been swimming around in the diesel spills and general muck in the marina water
Albufeira Resident

ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2016 at 11:31
I don't think that is a sewer pipe, it looks more like a cable duct. (I work in pipe for my sins)
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2016 at 15:06
last October in the "swampy"area at the town end of the Marina there was an overpowering stench of sewage.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2016 at 22:32
Loads of grey mullet in Vilamoura Marina too and has been for years, really big ones.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2016 at 06:56
Mullet tend to inhabit marinas in the UK as well,so the conditions must suit them.
There is going to be a lake (pond???)behind that retaining wall.There is a model of the whole development in the sales office,on the square roundabout on the marina.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2016 at 11:02
I am told that the mullet caught around the marina entrance taste like ***t.

Seems a strange way to build a pond. I hope it will be well drained otherwise it will become mosquito central.
Albufeira Resident

Seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2016 at 13:35
Indeed they are grey mullet. I personally wouldn't want to eat one knowing what their eating habits are. They will taste like ***t as they aren't too fussy what they eat including filter feeding around sewage discharge pipes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
  Share Topic