Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2020 at 12:53
Working now Andrew. The original link posted was spelt incorrectly, hence the reason why it wouldnt work, but has now been corrected.

Orada-man apologies for any misunderstanding on my part, when you said fixed I thought you meant it was fixed so only certain people could see it. 
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2020 at 13:31
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Orada-man apologies for any misunderstanding on my part, when you said fixed I thought you meant it was fixed so only certain people could see it. 

No apology necessary, glad you got it working, when I changed the original link you would not have seen the changes unless you refreshed your browser. A nice lesson for me to always check links are working on forums even though it was a direct copy and paste from Youtube.

Alls well that ends well.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2020 at 17:22
I've been seeing a lot of activity from my window this past few days. Taking a closer look, they have been busy laying tarmac and installing tactile strips for the visually impaired. They also doing some landscaping around the remains of an old farm irrigation system, which looks to be preserved as part of the new layout. Work also continues on the massive drains along the road at the bottom.

A new retaining wall has appeared near the Nautical Club. I hope they paint it a different colour. At the moment it looks for all the world like a wall around a prison.

All the current work does look a bit premature., There is still no sign of any actual buildings.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2020 at 18:48
Thanks for the update.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2020 at 13:08
When they are finished on this, I think what would improve Albufeira substantially is a promenade, from beach lift to Praia da Oura ... a bit like this one in Santa Eulalia, Ibiza ..

Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2020 at 15:17
All manner of such schemes have been proposed over the years. A problem is that a lot of the land is privately owned. Also, the geology is a major problem. Those sandstone cliffs are remarkably soft and unstable. The plan to build a 'promenade' type walkway from the marina around the beach lift area has been put aside until someone can figure out a way to stop the waves crashing over the structure.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2020 at 16:48
They were working like beavers today, despite it being a public holiday. I hope this time it does get finished and there is not a large scar on the landscape for years to come. Does anyone in the trade have an idea what these black things might be? The stack is about 3 metres high.

Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2020 at 16:57
The black things are underground rubbish containers Tom. They are what are underneath the recycling bins outside our apartment block. 
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2020 at 18:06
A view from high up. showing the wall and about 2/3rds of the vast area being worked on for the extension of the marina area.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 20:27
The area behind the Great Wall continues to take shape. They were also busy in front of it.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 11:27
I just can't visualize what is being built there but no doubt that will become clearer. Thanks again for the photo's.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 17:51
I was told espelho de água, (mirror water) which is obviously a dial down from the lake and the endless discussion of who funded the running costs.

Thanks for the photos Tom, just wish I was there to walk around myself.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2020 at 09:04
The area behind the wall is several metres higher than the existing marina. I can't find the plans I had a few years ago to recall what is planned for that area.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2020 at 18:02
Didn’t Orada Man post those plans on here?
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2020 at 09:08
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Didn’t Orada Man post those plans on here?

I think so but I cannot find them.

I have this picture from 2009 but I don't know how much of this is still the plan. I cannot see the wall for example and the roads don't look right. Perhaps I will do some digging to see if there's anything more recent.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
  Share Topic