Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking good!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking good!
    Posted: 09/October/2021 at 11:17
So it’s our first visit to Albufeira in two years due to obvious reasons and I have to say the place is looking good.

Seems a lot of people have been busy building, painting and opening new places.
Think it can take a long stay away for us to notice changes.

The new developments at the marina could make the area very popular and busy, what they originally hoped for I’m sure.

An expected change is a change is house prices........WOW! They are going up and up!

Lots of people working on the green tiled building when I passed and a group of smartly dressed people having some sort of meeting inside, I really do hope they have to replace the tiles on the frontage.

The empty building next door to Tunes bar has the buildings in doing the early stages of a clear out and the house across that I believe two sisters owned for years is in the process of having a refurb, still to be a house or restaurant I do not know.

Nice to see some developments finished as we did get used to seeing things get started and come to a abrupt halt.

Did get told that the long unfinished development on the way to the marina (can’t remember what it’s called, right hand side on the way down) could have new owners soon to finish it off, only a rumour though.

All in all things are looking positive in my opinion.
Sponsored Links

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2021 at 23:20
It’s as busy a September and October that I can remember. 

Walked through the square with Cubsur tonight after the footy and it was packed. 

As was Bar Street. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2021 at 12:59
Yes we have said how busy it is, a lot busier and hotter weather than we expected.

Even the empty vandalised apartment block behind the Boa Vista hotel has work started on it, someone probably realised they will be worth 200k plus with the views it offers.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2021 at 09:28
Well - they started work about six months ago. But I have not noticed any activity for at least a couple of months, and we pass by regularly. So don't hold your breath...  
Go away Duchatalet
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2021 at 09:54
I have found them advertised for sale so maybe they are waiting to take deposits to pay for the work, we’ve seen this situation before.............

My guess was correct, €200,000 for a one bed
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2021 at 16:43
Building work started last summer (2020). 

Lots of walls knocked down plus floors and walls stripped of plaster and tiles. Very noisy and dusty. 

It’s very very slow and not much happening now. 

They have fitted some windows and doors in the past few months but this building will not be finished for a while. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2021 at 07:49
Originally posted by S1gh S1gh wrote:

I have found them advertised for sale so maybe they are waiting to take deposits to pay for the work, we’ve seen this situation before.............

Yes - that sounds familiar. NEVER buy off plan...  
Go away Duchatalet
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2021 at 09:41
The penthouse is advertised as a 4 bedroom, a bargain at €1.1 million!
3 bedroom €360k
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic