Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedenglish tv

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2017 at 03:35
This all sounds extremely complicated and daunting to new users, I arrived here in the Algarve a year ago and immediately got internet set up at the house. I then went to projection dreams in Almancil and got iptv ( there are many companies in the area doing the same package) from them I bought a small and cheap set top box and subscribed to the basic package which is all the uk free to air channels with 14 day catch up. Also included was video on demand with loads of great movies available to play any time at no extra cost. This package costs me about 200 euros a year which is inclusive of vat.(16 euros a month) I have been very pleased with this system and you don't need to worry about vpn's or satellite dishes. The picture quality is great.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2017 at 09:51
As long  as you have €200 a year to spend that's a good tip, Ziproz is another company that does similar.
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2017 at 18:13
Originally posted by Vilamoura Vilamoura wrote:

This all sounds extremely complicated and daunting to new users, I arrived here in the Algarve a year ago and immediately got internet set up at the house. I then went to projection dreams in Almancil and got iptv ( there are many companies in the area doing the same package) from them I bought a small and cheap set top box and subscribed to the basic package which is all the uk free to air channels with 14 day catch up. Also included was video on demand with loads of great movies available to play any time at no extra cost. This package costs me about 200 euros a year which is inclusive of vat.(16 euros a month) I have been very pleased with this system and you don't need to worry about vpn's or satellite dishes. The picture quality is great.

You can get the same off EbayUK Mag54 iptv box and 12 months loaded all Sky..every English channel.. 95% of English Premier 3 o clock kick offs every Saturday most with English Commentary..hundreds of films.
Also loads of Portuguese German Spanish Middle Eastern channels if you have a foreign babysitter LOL 
All this for about £150. Then reloaded next year for about £75.
I have to laugh when these things are freely advertised with quarter page spreads in the likes of the Algarve News and every bar has the sports channels with no problem.
Yet in the UK pubs get fined and the loading of these boxes is illegal and the British Government spend money chasing offenders instead of letting Sky el al do the chasing. Ebay is American by the way.
Good old British playing with a straight bat while the rest of the EU do as they like.
Sorry diversifying again.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2017 at 18:16
Vilamoura am I reading that right all you are getting is the free to air channels and a few films for 200 euros a year Stern Smile.

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2017 at 19:16
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Vilamoura am I reading that right all you are getting is the free to air channels and a few films for 200 euros a year Stern Smile.

Plus his internet costs as well no doubt as that seemed to get set up before he got his TV box.
Personally i wouldn't pay anybody 200 Euro a year for something that i can get for nothing that is incredibly easy to figure out and set up.
But then i'm not trying to sell these boxes Wink
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2017 at 19:26
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Plus his internet costs as well no doubt as that seemed to get set up before he got his TV box.
Personally i wouldn't pay anybody 200 Euro a year for something that i can get for nothing that is incredibly easy to figure out.
But then i'm not trying to sell these boxes Wink

Dicey I am not really techno even though I use a computer over here to earn a crust so to say.
I leave ip addresses etc to Daughter. 
But these bare iptv boxes are £50 max so people in UK are making a good mark up and it seems some people over here are making even more.
I don`t think looking on youtube etc that the set up is that hard if you have a decent knowledge of the techno side of things. You seem to know the ins and outs of the digital goings on. Maybe a sideline for you mate!!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2017 at 09:03
Internet TV boxes are eventually going to spell the end of the subscription film and sports channels re-broadcast by these various means. If no-one's paying the original broadcasters to watch them, how will they be funded?

The 'illegality' in the Uk is a matter of copyright law. Sky Sports and the Football Association are obviously vexed about people watching their product and not paying the exorbitant going rate for it. No such problems here in Portugal, where the 'Premier League' channel is only €9,99 a month.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic