Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedemigratting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: emigratting
    Posted: 27/October/2016 at 20:15
my wife and I are thinking of moving to Portugal ,with our 2 boys (9+11), my dad already lives in algoz and has done for 15 years. the property we have found can earn us a living ,what are the schools like ?  our11 year has mild austism and 9 year old has a rare condition but g Ormond st have already agreed to keep seeing him .we are looking at it as it will be a nicer way of life than Essex for the boys and us
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2016 at 09:38
Schools - do you plan to move to Albufeira? I am sure some here can advise on schools here but not elsewhere.  There's nothing wrong with locals schools so far as I hear, but tuition will be in Portuguese of course.  Many have Portuguese lessons for English speakers while their counterparts are learning English, which is more or less compulsory down here from around age 10 or 11.

There is an International (fee paying) school out near Lagoa where tuition is in English. Website - http://www.nobelalgarve.com/

I do recall that you will need documentation concerning your children's level of attainment in their current schools which will need to be translated into Portuguese if they attend local schools.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
stevemc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2016 at 10:37
it is a place just outside algoz weare looking at buying ,we will be doing a lot of trips to Portugal before we finally make up our minds
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2016 at 10:35
Well I have to tell you that Algoz is in the Silves council area therefore any talk of local schools in Albufeira may be irrelevant.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic