Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Works in Old Town / Obras no Centro Antigo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

At Last!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2023 at 08:57
Strange, that door. There was a light on behind it last night.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2023 at 12:46
I have a good look at the old stuff but I cannot see anything conclusive about what might have been there before. The outline of the old stonework and the building next door is vaguely suggesting a tall building, maybe a tower. But it is outside the walled area of the original town.

This is the best I can do from one of the old pictures and present day Google Maps. In the old picture the next door building is taller with a different shape roof and there are I think trees behind it, a hint of a walled garden of which there are still some in the area.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
RytonTyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RytonTyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2023 at 17:13
Hi Cubsor, thanks for these photos, I think the building was more to the left of the church, looking at it straight on, could be wrong of course. I shall also keep looking through my collection of photos to see if I have anything which would prove Fat Frank's Fryer did actually exist! If I come across anything I will definitely post.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/February/2023 at 14:08
Ryton Tyne,

Cubsur’s photo is of the townhouse that’s been demolished, not the building you referred to which is indeed to the left of the church and in the photos on the previous page. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
RytonTyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RytonTyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2023 at 11:09
Bob d

Sorry my mistake, I didn't realise it was the demolished building Cubsor was pointing out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic