Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prescription

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilsao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prescription
    Posted: 09/August/2020 at 08:23
Good morning, could someone please tell me the best way to get a prescription please. TIA
Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2020 at 12:23
From a doctor at either the centro de saude  - maybe 5-10 euros but more queues) which is like an nhs a & e or go to a private clinic and pay 50 quid for the visit. theres a clinic at bottom of the strip opp wild and co bar
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2020 at 20:04
The clinic mentioned above is the International Health Centre. Currently you must make an appointment in advance, there are no walk ups. They are also keeping limited hours. The cost of the prescription at the farmacy will be in addition to the €50 or €60 appointment at the clinic.

There are others around town.

If you go to the local health centre (state) be prepared for a wait of several hours to be seen. Last time I went past there was a queue stretching outside the door.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2020 at 21:05
It depends what medication its for . I once forgot to bring my Levothyroxine with me which needs a prescription in the UK but managed to get it at the pharmacy just past the crossroads going to the top half of the strip without a prescription, and it wasn't overly expensive to buy over the counter.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2020 at 11:23
You can ring your Drs I ask them to email you your prescription print it off and hand it in at the chemist .we were there for 4 months earlier this year and did this and had no problems
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2020 at 23:15
My medicines that I need prescription for here in Ireland can be purchased across the counter in Albufeira without prescription. I just give them the names of the tablets/creams. The cost is much less than here in Ireland. Approximately half the price. I usually go to the pharmacy across from Modello or the one on Ave. Liberdade. Both most helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic