Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel doubts..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel doubts..
    Posted: 24/June/2020 at 14:32
Hi,

We have planned a family trip and would normally stay with 3 different families in a b&b in Gale for 3 weeks.
As I understand, at this moment a lot of restaurants, bars, shops are still closed. Reopening is planned from the 1th of July?
I read about the beach restrictions (half a day, when not too occupied, distance,..). Normally we'd like to go to Gale beach, Restaurante Praia da Gale. But we're a bit concerned. Because our 3 families our together with 9 so it won't be easy because of the group size. 
Because we stay in a b&b without kitchenette we'd like to go daily to restaurants but we're worried whether this will be possible with the 9 of us together (from whom 3 kids).

About driving around in our rental car, two families together in 1 car is allowed?

I guess all public markets such as in Loule are cancelled of course, and that will stay this way?

We're allso concerned about the reaction of Portuguese people, are they looking forwards to the tourists or rather scared?

Thanks already 

Juliet 

Sponsored Links

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 15:50
Meo webcam seems to be off tight now ... but here is one that has takens snaps from it

I heard markets were open .. and most restaurants will be ... just added 330 phone numbers to our site   https://albufeirabarsclubsrestaurants.yolasite.com/Marina.php

so you can check yourself ..
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 20:07
"As I understand, at this moment a lot of restaurants, bars, shops are still closed. Reopening is planned from the 1th of July?"

Most are open already. Very little trade though. For 9 people it is recommended you make reservations (and keep to them!) so that they can re-arrange tables if needed. Everything must closed by 11pm which does not look being changed any time soon.

Outdoor markets are now open, but everyone musts be masked when at them. Again, almost no trade as their main customers are tourists. I cannot tell you whether the 'normal' number of stalls are there.

In theory two families in one car is probably not allowed, but as you are staying in the same place...Just make every adult has ID with them to avoid complications if stopped.

Beaches are quiet. There are limits on numbers enforced if necessary by police.  If you see a red flag, it doesn't mean the sea is dangerous. It means the beach is full and therefore closed to new visitors.

People here are desperate for tourists to come. At the moment there is a mere trickle, mostly from Holland, Germany and France but almost no British. Tens of thousands are out of work or on short time. 80% of the economy here is bound to tourism. If you can come, you would be very welcome.

Wearing masks is compulsory everywhere 'indoors' as well at markets.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
rob67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2020 at 14:58
Thanks for the update Cubsur and we are glad to know we will be welcomed as usual. We were due out on the 29/7 but the flight was cancelled we were lucky enough to rebook for the 2/8.

Are the council buildings open as we haven't paid the council tax yet,
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2020 at 08:56
"Are the council buildings open as we haven't paid the council tax yet,"

They are but you have to queue outside and on Friday when I passed by the queue was about 20 people. Better pay via Multibanco or on line if you have a Portuguese bank account.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
animallover View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2020 at 17:15
I had to make an appointment to visit Financas about 3 weeks ago. Don't know if that system has changed. Only 1 of us were allowed in to speak to a member of staff so I waited outside while my husband went in. It was IMI issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic