Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big House next door to Inatel Hotel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2020 at 22:15
Malagabob is that one which is now a Trattoria Italian place, next door to Inatel hotel, or a different one, Think it used to be called the Waterfront?
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2020 at 10:46
No ... pretty sure he means the terrace behind Inatel Praia. Waterfront is still there and belongs to the Matts Bar/Libertos group ... Trattoria restaurant upstairs has changed hands a couple of times  ..  but remains as this streetview
Pyrman
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2020 at 14:21
According to google earth it has a name Chalet Santa Rita and it is a motel with 1 review 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2020 at 17:22
Motel certainly it is not. There is not even a way to get in with a car. Someone is planting fake reviews, not just of this place but a lot of others. Anyway, it is all closed up with no sign of occupation. Built sideways to the beach,  it would have a great view right along it until Inatel was plonked in the way. Pictures I took this afternoon are below. There are signs of it needing some repairs. The flower beds and brick patio look though to be well looked after.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2020 at 18:37
I've never seen any sign of activity here in all the years I've been coming to Albufeira.

Mind going on your previous activity at the green tiled building, Sir Harry's and phase 2 at the marina I would have expected some internal photos. Don't let locked doors or unsafe structures hold you back.
Colin
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2020 at 03:58
JayJan. As Pyrman points out it’s the Inatel do Praia restaurant/bar.  It was called Bar Atlantico many years ago before the refurb, and was located Chalet Rita end. Now moved more central of building. Paolo still works there. We always call in to sit on the terrace, have a wine or two. I remember before refurb, if you didn’t get to the terrace there by 9am on a sunny day you wouldn’t get a seat
Never put off something that you could do today
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2020 at 08:40
Inatel terrace was closed yesterday except for three or four chairs in the middle part.

The drainage work mentioned elsewhere is currently blocking off the front entrance of the chalet.  I couldn't have got any closer if I wanted to. So far as I could tell all the windows are shuttered.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic