Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK "Air Bridge"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2020 at 09:35
UK to perhaps ban all travel abroad? Seems a logical step to me. If people can't travel they can't bring it back with them. And it would save all the quarantine bureaucracy.

The England football team had better make a rapid move to Iceland and Denmark for next weekend's games.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2020 at 10:22
I think they need to look at regional airports and introduce testing, they can’t keep the business industry’s going without travel ! And are going to collapse the tourism industry at this rate , no more flip flop blanket decisions ! BJ needs to get a grip
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2020 at 11:23
A test is only good for the day on which it was taken. Incubation can take up to 14 days. 1 test is not enough.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2020 at 15:36
What a complete fiasco with quarantine, I’m from wales and think it’s outrageous that the Welsh gov gave only 12 hours notice for quarantine !!! .
And even more over a total fiasco , if I live in Bristol and came back this week from Portugal from a holiday and I work daily in Wales that’s fine, but if we came back and work in Bristol that’s no good as I would have to quarantine !! How absolutely stupid ! Devolved gov now are all political point scoring and trying to do the opposite , hate it 😡
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2020 at 11:13
If he doesn't like it Boris Bunter can dissolve the devolved administrations in Wales and Scotland.  All he has to do is use his parliamentary majority and vote them out of existence.
Ireland is a different matter and would have to be agreed with the Eire government.  There could be a return to direct rule.  What the activists on either side in Ulster would do I dread to think.  Best not stir up a relatively peaceful hornets nest.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2020 at 12:46
Scotland seems to do a decent job, Wales ! Nope awful , if you could see the damage a Labour driven gov has done to my town you would be horrified ! The Welsh 1st minister is a weak and spineless man, that ignores what the general populace want ! And his actions during the crisis have been ridiculous !
Giving no notice at all was poor judgement and unenforceable, even the police said on the news they were not in a position to check or enforce the quarantine !
Ireland has different issues and always needs kid gloves
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic