Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish couple robbed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Irish couple robbed
    Posted: 14/January/2019 at 08:52
A Mr Gallagher and his new fiancé were held at gunpoint whilst walking back up “The Strip “ I assume at night back to their hotel/apartment. Their assailants confronted them out of a bakery.(Don’t know where this is. Never seen a bakery on Rua Sá Carniero.) The gang took them on a 1hr drive, after stealing 300€. Eventually getting them to attempt to withdraw more money from a ATM. Where they made their escape.
Never put off something that you could do today
Sponsored Links

hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2019 at 14:06
What proof do you have of crime on the strip. Not my cup of tea but have never felt intimidated.
I read the "report" in the Irish Times and thought it was sidgolds
latest novel. Their Insurance Company also did not believe them since they did not settle their alleged claim.
Can't be a lot happening news wise when the Irish Times devotes space to such drivel
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2019 at 18:38
Originally posted by hamlet hamlet wrote:

What proof do you have of crime on the strip. Not my cup of tea but have never felt intimidated.
I read the "report" in the Irish Times and thought it was sidgolds
latest novel. Their Insurance Company also did not believe them since they did not settle their alleged claim.
Can't be a lot happening news wise when the Irish Times devotes space to such drivel
Just the odd murder over the last few years. Murder a couple of weeks ago at the top end.
 Accosted by pikeys every time you walk down there rolex/hashish/ you want charlie Del boy.
2017 Portugal invasion "riot police fire shots". 
15 years ago I had no qualms taking my 9 year old Daughter down the strip on a night would I take a 9 year old down there now?   No chance place is a sh****le. 
I too think that Irish mugging malarky was a bit hard to believe. Are people getting mugged and robbed?...Yes without a doubt.
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2019 at 00:46
I read in one report on this Mr Micheal Gallagher, or Dermot as one report names him says, he and his fiancé were confronted by this armed gang at 18:00hrs on a Sunday. Sunset was around 15:40 on this day so relatively quiet light.
Never put off something that you could do today
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic