Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plumber - new stop tap needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnybeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plumber - new stop tap needed
    Posted: 29/December/2018 at 23:34
Hi all. Long time since I’ve needed to post. Just arrived to find we have no water no matter which way we turn the stop tap. We had a leak last time we went home and our builder arranged a “fix” saying it was all sorted. Can anyone recommend a plumber that would come out tomorrow or Monday to help with a fix or new stop tap. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

ajmandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajmandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2018 at 08:00
Sorry, can't help with plumber recommendations but am surprised that if the you can "turn" the stop tap that this is what has failed/been damaged ....... Obviously I don't know your system but are you sure this is the only isolation valve/stop tap? I have a tap in/by the water meter box as well as others in my property. "Builders" have been known to turn the meter box tap off when working on adjacent properties.  Not sure here but in the UK the meter box would be "FAGAR's" responsibility.   
sunnybeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnybeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2018 at 08:24
Thanks. I’ve not been able to locate another stop tap but it was dark when we arrived :) I’ll take another look this morning.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2018 at 09:52
Not 100% sure but think only the water company can fit a stop tap, as if they cut someones supply they remove the meter and wire up 'their' tap. Normally every other tap in the house/flat will have its own 'stop tap' under the sink, beside the loo etc so you can isolate each tap/circuit without turning off the main stop cock tap. see if these are closed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic