Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old town from across the bay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old town from across the bay
    Posted: 26/November/2018 at 12:30
Pictures taken Friday afternoon from the lighthouse on the hill. Click the thumbnail to see a full size picture. [For the curious, these are hosted at postimgs.org which is free and very simple to use.]

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2018 at 20:41
Hi Tom, the 14th photo - is that the land that was recently sold, opposite Arte Bar?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2018 at 07:58
Yes it is. Used to be a motor repair business I believe but the site was derelict for as long as I can remember. The exterior was cleared up and the main building had collapsed of its own accord. I don't know what the two containers are doing there.

The site was supposed to be yet another set of luxury tourist apartments but I have not noticed anything much happening recently. I will be down there tonight so will see if i can have a closer look.
Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2018 at 15:43
Tom, have a look at this link....they are already selling the luxury apartments!!! 3bed 820,000 euros Shocked

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-77409809.html

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2018 at 19:52
I know!!!
Not getting carried away as we are no where near thinking of selling, but property prices have gone through the roof! The French invasion has certainly fuelled it but a property in our road has just sold for double what it did four years ago!
No one can be sure what the consequences, for the likes of us, that Brexit will be, so not counting any chickens yet.
I understand we are now known as “BOBS”, basically, board of brexit, sad to say, that would appear to be accurate from what I’m observing. We’re just holding on tight, in case there’s a ride we need to hold on tight for!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2018 at 08:50
Originally posted by sidsmum sidsmum wrote:

Tom, have a look at this link....they are already selling the luxury apartments!!! 3bed 820,000 euros Shocked

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-77409809.html

I think I will give those a miss. Would you spend that much on a property which doesn't even exist and won't for 18 months? And I like the sneaky way they have interior layouts as if showhouse already exists.

And no mention of the cemetery next door nor the derelict hotel site on the other side.

Not to mention the Arte Bar!
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2018 at 14:52
Further inspection shows they claim to have sold 16 of the 19 apartments .. and the build is due to start this coming month (Dec 2018) for completion in May 2020 ..  all I need now is to win the lottery ..
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2018 at 09:52
Progress or lack thereof will be easy to keep track of. Watch this space.
Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2018 at 15:36
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Progress or lack thereof will be easy to keep track of. Watch this space.

from the comfort of the Arte Bar?!!! Beer
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2018 at 15:57
Quite likely from time to time! The site is completely overgrown and will take some clearing. Given that access to the site is along that road in front of the Arte Bar, the noise and dust is going to be a big nuisance during the demolition and early construction phases.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic