Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accountant in Albufeira

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accountant in Albufeira
    Posted: 17/October/2018 at 09:50
Just done a search on here but can't find reference to one but can anyone reccomend a good local accountant ? Am not resident, just rent out my apartment, have rental licence etc but disapointed with current accountant.
Any suggestions gratefully recieved

Thanks
Sponsored Links

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2018 at 20:47
Have used Atlantic Property in Vilamoura for years.

I find them brilliant and when I had to upgrade from rental license to new AL licence for tax purposes, they did everything including getting me the complaints book printed.

They do my tax returns every year. All on line.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2018 at 16:11
Thanks Bob.   Been to see them today and v helpful and concise. Charges are a bit more than am paying currently but you get what you pay for i guess

Thanks again
wendyhsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2018 at 17:28
Hi
Can you give an indication of how much you pay your accountant a year and what they do?
I have one, recommended on here, €160 per year. Totally disorganised, give me 5 days notice to pay anything. No definitive guidelines, all hit or miss. Unfortunately those days are long gone now.
Happy to pay a decent accountant a decent amount to do a decent job!
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2018 at 09:53
Wendy    Sounds like same one ! Tax return given to me 3 days before it was due, querried it but no response.

Atlantic as reccomended above in Villamora appear v profesional their fees are
€123 registration (one off fee )
Tax return €250 per year
SEF registration for each guest : 1 -4 bookings €50 5 -8 bookings €100 more than 8 €150

Hope this helps
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2018 at 09:55
Contact info www.atlanticproperty.pt      e mail luis@atlanticproperty.pt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2018 at 20:17
I do everything myself, SEF, AL, etc, its all quite simple.
However ....
Can someone clear up the two levels of tax return which I have been told about.

One, you give one figure, pay one level of tax.
Two, you give individual income per guest and not sure how this differs, but I've been told its not the way to go.

Anyone any ideas.
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2018 at 10:42
There are no two levels of tax, other than €10,000 gross income. Income above 10k requires you to pay VAT

Under that it is normal rate, ie after 3 years 35% of gross income is taxed at 25%

You say SEF registration is easy ? I would welcome a few pointers please

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2018 at 10:27
So do you give the accountant your total revenue per year only? And what date do you have to do that by? 

At the moment I have to fanny about with how much each person paid and the dates they stayed etc.  I just don't have time. I've already registered the guests on SEF with dates.  I've heard nothing from the accountant all year, just an email with a week's notice to pay an IMI bill which I usually get in the post anyway.

Never can get a reply from SMC, absolutely useless.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2018 at 10:28
Let me know what help you want with SEF.  Its very straightforward  ..... once you've worked it out and if you can remember each time. lol
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2018 at 14:45
I give the accountant the gross income for each calender year,usually in January, i should have figures back by April but last 2 years it is much later.
If you wish them to do SEF then assume it is as soon as you have dates confirmed off guests.
SEF website appears to have changed, have not logged in guests for 2 years now but i understand they will soon clamp down on this so i need to get back on board. Any help much apreciated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2018 at 19:38
Yes indeed the SEF site has been updated and its still not in English, and the goal posts have moved, but its simple once you have done it a few times or have a list of instructions.  I can help you for sure.  Where are you based?

p.s. moved my accountant over to your recommendation, what a different ball game :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic